Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old May 11, 2004, 1:55 PM   #1

Hi everybody,

I just bought a Dimage G400. I don't know how to set the camera to print the date on the pictures when I download them to my pc. When those pictures are displayed on the LCD, there is a date but when I download them to my PC the date gone. I read the manual and try several times but looks I need to connect to a printer to print? I have used a koda digital camera. If I set the date, the date will goes with the pictures when I download them to my PC. But DImage G400 is not so easy to configure it. Eveyone can help me? thanks.:?
lmei007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 11, 2004, 5:20 PM   #2

I looked at the review of the G400 and I don't seean option to include the date as a part of each image. My Minolta Z1 has this feature but I never use it because once the date is embedded in the imageit's very difficult to remove. To me it's a viewing distraction tohave the date printed oneach picture.

With each of yourimage .jpg filesthere is includedEXIF information which gives youthedate and time taken, camera used, exposure settings, focal length,plus a lot more information. Yoursoftware will allow you to view this information for each image. Read your software instruction to seeto how to access this EXIF data.

If you print the pictures yourself you can type the date on each picture if you want. If you have them printed by a commercial outfit I would think that they have some means to access the EXIF info and printthe dateeither on the front or possibly on the back of your pictures.

Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2004, 8:14 PM   #3

:|Cool I get to tell you about one of my favorite little tools (Exifer)...

http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/

The price is right (free) and it allows you to brand your photos with a watermark. The watermark can contain the information from the picture so you can not only put in the Date/Time but what the event was. And it can stamp each picture in a batch mode.

Since you are in control here you can set the font, color, size etc of the watermark...

(Disclamer) I didn't write it, I don't know the guy that did but but it's really slick for those times when you need it...

CastleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2004, 10:19 AM   #4

I am very happy to know there are so many brothers and sisters will to help me. Thank you Puck M and CastleDude. I have learnt a lot.
lmei007 is offline   Reply With Quote