Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old May 26, 2004, 12:15 AM   #1

I have been watching this carmera for a while and read lots of comments online. I found there is around 30% of the comments said this camera will produce serious pinkish photos(with all white balance settings), but the restpeople say thecolor is very accurate.

I am wondering if this is the camera quality problem?

Could anyone give me some clues since I am planning to buy one soon.

yours
cammywf
cammywf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2004, 2:08 PM   #2

Hi Cammywf,

I have a Z2 and have some indoor, with flash shots, that I am pleased with. What do you think?

Patti Hecht

onhttp://www.pbase.com/phecht/minolta_z2photos

phecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2004, 7:01 PM   #3

z2 has bad color balance. Too yellow cast., but nothing Photoshop can't do. here is an example:

original
Attached Images

driliagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2004, 7:03 PM   #4

here is the same image corrected by moving a slider from yellow to blue approx.35-40.

Now we are talking!
Attached Images

driliagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2004, 5:24 AM   #5
MrE

yep I agree I have had to changed a few shots in photoshop and slide them more over to blue. This is especially prominent when shooting people in forrests with a load of green around. I dont see the pinkish/redish problem though, but I defo see the yellow on the highlights in certain shots :-)
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2004, 4:40 PM   #6

Doesn't help the white balance?
slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2004, 4:44 PM   #7

One more thing, but it is rather a wish. So could anybody upload pictures taken at night or in low light condition? I'm very curious since I'm interested in this machine too.
slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 5:23 AM   #8
MrE

will 300 foot underground in a mine that I went too yesterday do :-) Will make an ablum later and post the link :-)

plus I will put a few in of a house that was in complete darkness that we are working on :-)

edited-

here you go, these pics were taken in horrid light, the pics of the house were in total darkness, the outside pic with the roller shutters in I put in to show you how dark it was. There was no light other than street light, shining into the house. Also there are a few pics where trees shaded the shot big time, and some when we went down a working coalmine. The compression has added some noise which is not there on the original. I am happy with this camera in low light so far :-) I do wish it had an af lamp though, ah well I just use a key ring torch. Hope it helps :-)

phechtyour Alicia in May 2004 photo is awesome, what a beautiful girl, great shot fair play :-)

http://www.plankspanker.plus.com/album1/index.htm

http://www.plankspanker.plus.com/album/index.htm

Old Jun 3, 2004, 9:28 AM   #9

Why thank you so much! Yes, Alicia is my fovorite model

phecht

I just wanted to say that Alicia is my, almost 4 year old granddaughter and she is not a model. I am just starting out in photography but having so much fun, with this Z2! Alicia lets me shoot as many pictures as I want and is a natural.

Phecht
phecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 4:50 PM   #10
MrE

yep my 6yr old is the same he loves it, trouble is he can use the thing better than me :-)