Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jun 2, 2004, 3:15 AM   #1

I'm experiencing 2 problems with my A2, and wondered if anyone else has encoutered these same problems. First, when I turn on the power, the camera sometimes vibrates or shakes for a few seconds. The camera operates fine afterwards, but it doesn't happen every time, and therefore doesn't seem right. The second issue is that there is a "shadow" in the upper, left-hand corner of my image (on the monitor and in my prints). There is nothing blocking the lens, and the shadow is worse at 35 and 200 mm, and virtually disappears at about 100mm zoom. Any information on correcting these problems would be greatly appreciated!
aggiegina is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2004, 10:22 PM   #2

I've read [elsewhere] that a few other A2 owners have experienced the same phenomena. This is not normal and should be reported to Minolta's service department. My guess is that they will ask you to submit your camera to them for inspection/ repair.

If it is still under warantee.... do it!
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 2:34 AM   #3

Thank you for the response - you are exactly right! I also emailed Minolta's Q&A dept. last night, and they have notified me that the camera is in need of service, and have sent me "repair forms"!
aggiegina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 2:23 PM   #4

Hopefully your A2 wont' spend as much time at their NJ repair facility as my A1 has!

Suggestions from a veteran of using their repair service multiple times: Ship via a method that will give youa tracking number so that when you call them for status they verify they have it. Also - make sure you call them for status around the time that they should recieve it - after a couple of returns it really seems like they don't start working on my camera until I call for status. Even if you clearly state the problem you are having - they may run diags and clean the camera without actually looking through the lens to see the problem - so don't be suprised if multiple returns become necessary (acouple of us have had this problem)
cczych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2006, 4:03 PM   #5

What happened with yours? What was it and, if you don't mind my asking, what did the repair cost? I have the same issue with my A1. Did your anti-shake button blink rapidly?

See my post:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=20
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote