Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Sep 14, 2002, 6:17 PM   #1

Default Sony F717 vs Minolta 7Hi

Which one do I buy??
Kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2002, 7:03 PM   #2

if you match the specs(which i just pulled down from sony) in my opinion the minolta spes out better. read the forums. the one issue is digital noise to which i have not been having problems myself. in fact i am about to purchase the 7hi and my wife gets the i if she wants to shoot digital. i sort of expected a lot more from this new sony model but its specs don't show it.

they seem to push the zeiss optics end a little too hard. if it were a contax dslr camera i'd care.

it still doesn't shoot RAW either

memory sticks limit you to 128MB promising higher. no other cameras use this medium
cf card format is used by 90% of digital cameras today in solid state up to 512MB with 1GB coming and micrdrive currently at 1GB and promising higher soon. these are easily sold off as your needs go up.

just the start. read the forums. each particular owner will defend his/her purchase to the death. the 2 items above are important for image quality and capacity.

read on
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2002, 2:34 AM   #3

Buy the D7Hi and be happy. No sony baloney memory sticks or proprietary batteries. YOu can use microdrive too. CF flash cards are cheaper. YOu can even use AA alkaline batteries if in a pinch. Try and buy batteries for the sony in walmart of kmart in a pinch. Plus you get a PC sync and great 3fps what more do you want. or wait for the D7Gri.
rikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2002, 8:47 AM   #4

[quote]Originally posted by sjms
memory sticks limit you to 128MB promising higher. no other cameras use this medium

There is another brand.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_reviews/kd400z.html
Tony Rae is offline   Reply With Quote