Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jun 19, 2004, 11:59 AM   #1

Hello peeps,

I have just bought a Z2 from 7dayshop.com, very happy with it, totally hooked on photography now, was wondering what extras are worth buying? Extra lenses? Adaptors? Wide angle stuff? Any help?

And one more question, can you save the images as RAW or TIFF?
Welsh__boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2004, 12:17 PM   #2

Hi Welsh boy.
i too bought my Z2 from 7dayshop.
I was thinking of getting an adaptor and some filters to begin with. but only if the problem with the movie mode is resolved (see other thread). otherwise it's going back.

the cheapest place to get the adaptors from seems to be from ebay sellers in the USA most sell worldwide. already had a false start with an ebay seller on ebay uk.
Tinsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2004, 9:28 AM   #3

Hi !

The wide angle adapter will cast a shadow if you use it in conjunction with the internal flash. See other threads about that.

M.

montrealqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2004, 1:03 PM   #4

Does that mean I'd need one of those external/ add on flashes, with the horseshoe adaptor? There are so many different types not sure what the difference with them all are.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 11:00 AM   #5
MrE

Lo welsh boy, I'm from south walesmyself. The adaptor doesnt cast a shadow, but the wide angle lens that can fit on that adaptor does. I am getting the adaptor to place a filter lens on it for protection.

PS did you get stung for duty from 7dayshop. I cant stand that place, they are a bunch of lames. They advertise massive savings, and a few of my friends have been hit with duty 4 weeks after purchase that places their goods up n over the price you would pay on the street!

Good luck with the camera, I'm loving my Z2 :-)

Also you can buy the adaptor form cameras2u (UK) or amazon USA (very cheap).
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2004, 1:24 PM   #6

Don't start now!! Duty with 7dayshop.com??? I've bought quite a bit from there recently and not sure I like what I'm hearing. It's not April 1st, so not a practical joke. What is this duty? VAT or something similar? As far as the Z2 goes, I'm very pleased with it, being a total newbie it's more than good enough for me, but if I have to add duty on top I won't be a happy chappy.:O
Old Jun 22, 2004, 4:30 PM   #7

Guess who else bought from 7dayshop.
to be honest i feel a little decieved, because so far as i was concerned i was buying from a UK online seller. If 7dayshop knew there could be duty charghed they should say so on the front page and not hide it away in the small print.

I'm sure i would have bought it from somewhere else if i'd known. infact i bust the budget just to buy from 7dayshop, so i probs wouldn't have bought a Z2 at all. If i get charged duty i will go on a crusade against 7dayshop at every forum i can find.

incidentally my camera came delivered by Royal Mail (1st class recorded). contents were described as 'photo imaging material' I wonder if that is an attempt to get around the charges. I know that sometimes you have to collect your package from the post office amd pay duty then and there. I don't know why sometimes you do and sometimes you don't.
Tinsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2004, 5:44 PM   #8

Thing is, mine arrived when I was out and I didn't have to sign for anything, the parcels were left in a shed, so I could always argue I didn't receive them. Only thing is that may put my postie in trouble.

I do agree with you though, if we have to pay duty, they should state it clearly. All the prices are in pounds sterling, it's aimed at the UK audience, so all charges should be clear.
Old Jun 23, 2004, 12:51 PM   #9
MrE

Ihave put a complaint in to trading standards about them as they false advertise! They act like a UK company, and compare prices that have no vat or duty place on them, to prices that are in the UK. I buy a few things from around the world and I usually get hit for the duty a few weeks later. So sorry to be the bringer of bad news. With a bit of luck you wont get stung. Remember too, if you phone 7day you will pay heavy phone rates and it takes about 30 mins form them to answer in my experience.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

Quote:
7dayshop faq
Quote:
Payment - We accept all major debit & credit cards except American Express. Should you enter a card type which we do not accept, you will be advised at the time of ordering. You must ensure that all details given for payment are correct and that you are an authorised user of that payment card. Should a situation arise whereby we need to contact you because of a payment problem, then an email will be sent to you advising of this once the order has been processed in our offices. Goods will not be dispatched until payment has been made in full (except back orders - see below). If your delivery address is outside of Guernsey you may be subject to duties/taxes/charges which may be levied once the package/s reach the delivery destination. Any such charges must be bourne by you. We have no control over these charges and we cannot predict what they might be.

http://www.ciao.co.uk/7dayshop_com__Review_5416915

http://www.ciao.co.uk/7dayshop_com__Review_5417588

http://www.dcmag.co.uk/forum/forumme...36545364772598

http://www.amateurphotographer.com/c...=flat&sb=5

http://www.asa.org.uk/adjudications/...cations_id=all

MrE is offline   Reply With Quote