Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jun 24, 2004, 11:29 PM   #1

I know someone else posted this same question, but he is right. I also heard that this could be done, but i do not know how. Is there special software that must be used? can anyone tell me more about this? can anyone affirm if it can be done or not? thank you. by the way, i love my Z1 but i am thinking of selling it to get the improved Z2. it kicks butt!
salsero_playero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2004, 12:56 PM   #2

I was hoping someone would respond to this so that I could learn something. First off let me say that I have no idea what the requirements of a web cam are. That being said, when I plugthe audio/video cable into my Z1, hook it to the video input of my TV, and set the camerato record mode live video from the camera appears on my TV instead of the LCD screen on the camera.

Puck
Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2004, 9:08 PM   #3

I also noticed that and was hoping it would be as simple when connected to the computer. I was wrong. I think I will need some specific software or drivers to do this trick. I will keep searching for more answers. If anyone findsthe answer before I do, please, post it here. good night
Old Jun 28, 2004, 9:48 AM   #4

You can get a webcam for $20 these days, you know? But if you must use the Z2 as a webcam, the only way I can think to do it would be to get a video capture card, hook it up to that with the A/V cables, and do a screen grab with whatever software comes with the card.

Good luck!
ignavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2004, 1:04 PM   #5

ignavia wrote:
Quote:
You can get a webcam for $20 these days, you know? But if you must use the Z2 as a webcam, the only way I can think to do it would be to get a video capture card, hook it up to that with the A/V cables, and do a screen grab with whatever software comes with the card.

Good luck!
Quote:
I already own a web cam that has 640x480 resolution... not the same as the Z1 is it? I also own an ATI video capture card and i am able to capture videos that way... the issue is live videofeeding using the Z2 and let's say yahoo messenger and MSN messenger for example. I will find a way. thanks for the suggestions.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 5:49 PM   #6

If you already own a VGA webcam, why do you need another? If you want to take higher-quality video, I don't see the point, because it will just have to be compressed before it's sent anyway.
ignavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2004, 8:08 PM   #7

Think "outside the box" and you will see why. Can you zoom in and out with a web cam? Can you macro? Which of the two will have better lighting exposure control? Don't worry, it is something i want to do because no one has done it yet. thanks.