Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Sep 16, 2002, 10:33 PM   #1

Default AA batteries on the F100

I purchased a F100 recently and the user manual says that only "CR-V3 Lithium or NiMH batteries can be used".
In one of the camera reviews I read that alkaline batteries also can be used.

Can anyone confirm if using alkaline AA is OK ? Does it damage the camera ? Minolta on their web site say that performance decreases for Nickel-Manganese. But they dont say whether the camera will be damaged.
Mallik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2002, 10:53 PM   #2

nimh only way to go, long lasting and cheap.

http://www.nimhbattery.com/mh-c204f-4aa180dc.htm
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2002, 9:56 PM   #3

Default AA batteries on the F100

thanks Gary
I understand that NiMH are cheap and long-lasting and most importantly environment friendly.
But my concern was whether using alkalines would damage the camera in any way. If I run out of juice in my NiMH and decide to temporarily pop in a couple of alkalines, will that damage the cam ?
Mallik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2002, 6:43 PM   #4

I have not met a scenario yet where using normal AA batteries has actually damaged anything. The F100 should take alkaline no problem, but don't expect more than 10 shots per set! (I own the F100 and would only use them in an emergency!)

See my example pix at www.photopix.co.uk

[Edited on 9-22-2002 by markiemark]
markiemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2002, 11:31 PM   #5

Default F100 barrel distortion

Hey Markie, I viewed your pics and read the review...it was mentioned that the F100 has noticeable barrel distortion at wideangle, but that is easily fixable. How is that 'easily fixable', other than not using the camera at its wideangle setting?
marcoangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2002, 2:05 PM   #6

The best program for dealing with such 'digital aberrations' is Picture Window Pro, which has been produced to cure such Photographic ills and does an excellent job. It also has an excellent chromatic abberation corrector (though you won't need it very much!)

Head over to http://www.dl-c.com/
and download a demo!

I understand that the 'spherise' options in Photoshop/Elements are also of use. Alas PSP does not seem to feature a useable tool.

The F100's distortion is not, as I say in the review, significantly worse than the other cameras in its class, so don't get hung up on this issue.

New pix going up in the next few days at www.photopix.co.uk
markiemark is offline   Reply With Quote