Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jun 30, 2004, 10:52 AM   #1

Does anyone ever use DSP? I find that I rarely switch out of P mode, and when I do, it's usually to S. The DSP settings give you so few options...you can't even set WB! Howabout you?

Also, do you ever use the contrast/sharpness settings? I'm almost afraid to...
ignavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2004, 12:11 PM   #2

Hi !

First I must say that I have not spent as much time as I would have liked playing around and experimenting with my z2, which I bought a month ago. But here is my 0,02$ based on my experience up to now.

I too never use DSP mode. I only use P,S andA modes. M when I want an exposure longer than 15 seconds. I do not think I will ever use other modes. And my guess is that when my wife will use the camera, which is in'pure point&shoot mode', she will do so in P mode. I play a lot with white balance and exposure compensation, a bit less with flash compensation. I have played somewhat with the different drive modes (this was one of the reasons I chose the z2) and I feel like I will enjoy all of them. I also play somewhat with the iso setting. I have not yet really tried the color mode, sharpness, contrast, flash mode, metering mode so I cannot say how much I will use them.

I use the tripod a lot,and two features I really missare a remote control and time lapse recording. Of course, I knew that when I bought the z2 and felt that overall, the z2 was the best for my needs, and still feel this way.

M.

montrealqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2004, 12:51 PM   #3

Yeah, a remote and time-lapse would be great.

Who knows? Time lapse could easily be implemented with a firmware upgrade...
ignavia is offline   Reply With Quote