Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 2, 2004, 12:00 PM   #1

check this out :http://www.photographyblog.com/comme...d=3030_0_1_0_C
pabennny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2004, 4:29 PM   #2

Hah. Went to local shop today to buy Z2. Was out of stock. Lucky me. :-) Will cancel order on Monday and wait for news.

Any independent sources confirming this?
James Bond 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 5:23 PM   #3

If this is true I'll really be ticked off. I've had my camera less than 2 weeks now. Maybe they will address the lowlight focus issues as well as the audio sync (delay) in the movie mode. Otherwise I LOVE my Z2!
Wavshrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 11:14 PM   #4
Administrator

07/07/2004 update: Konica Minolta make it official with the Z3, Z10 and X50 press releases. See them here:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/pr/mi...004_z3_pr.html

http://www.steves-digicams.com/pr/mi...04_z10_pr.html

http://www.steves-digicams.com/pr/mi...04_x50_pr.html

-Steve

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2004, 4:36 AM   #5

september?oooooh ....isnt that tooo much to wait to buy a camera?

i just dunno what to do...to buy the the dx6490,z2 or c770 or to wait and buy the z3 or the rumoured dx7590......

what to do.....what to do...???????????
pabennny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2004, 4:46 AM   #6

Steve,

Minolta announced the Z1 on 3rd Aug last year. That date is close enough for some rumors to leak out.

I'm not an optics expert, but supposing Minolta doesn't want a bigger camera, is it possible to put a 12x zoom in such a small place without sacrifying something important (aperture or CCD size)?

For the stabilized CCD, technically it's probably not a big deal, video cameras have this for years. What I don't understand is that what will they put into the A2/A3 to convince users to buy it?

If all the rumors are true, the Z3 will be the best-selling camera ever, IMO.
Old Jul 3, 2004, 12:57 PM   #7
MrE

onwards and upwards I say. I'll just wait then sell my Z2 if the reviews are good, and jsut add some cash to my sale to get the z3 :-)
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 12:56 PM   #8

Hi !

And when the z3 will have been out there for a little while, the z4 will come, then the z5.

I think one should not wait for "the" camera to come out, but for "his/her" camera i.e. the one that suits one's needs (and one's talent/ambition/time to devote to picture taking/whatever other pragmatic criteria). There will always be something better somewhere. Is this not how maket ecomonies work?

M.

montrealqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 1:45 PM   #9

montrealqc wrote:
Quote:
And when the z3 will have been out there for a little while, the z4 will come, then the z5.

I think one should not wait for "the" camera to come out, but for "his/her" camera i.e. the one that suits one's needs (and one's talent/ambition/time to devote to picture taking/whatever other pragmatic criteria).
M.

I generally think this is good advice but what irks me is if true, the potential Z3release waspretty close to when the Z2 became widely available. I really like my Z2 but the audio sync in movies is very annoying. Since I didn't spend a lot of money on my Z2 it is somewhat of a "disposable" purchase for me and I am sure the new Z3 won't be much if at all more expensive than the Z2.

I don't need the IS lens and while it would be nice it is not essential for me. I DO however want the audio sync fixed and low light focusing too. Other than those 2 issues the Z2 is almost perfect for my usage. Great movie quality and enough zoom to be useful. If the Z3 is a 12X zoom I hope that start with more of a wide angle lens than tele.

This was my first Konica Minolta digital camera and overall I am pretty pleased. I had several Maxxum film cameras and was quite happy with them but nothing in their digital line ever caught my fancy until the Z2. However if I can't get Minolta to address the audio sync issues my camera will be going back under the 30 day return policy of the company I bought it from. The audio sync issue is a killer for me. I don't have time to do post processing of every video to get the audo sync right and more importantly I shouldn't have to!:P

How did this flaw ever get past QC checks? Even my 9 year old son could spot the difference. Why couldn't their engineers? I would have thought that if the Z1 had the flaw it should have been fixed by now. Minolta, are you listening?

I bought the Z2 because it fulfilled my current needs but only if the features work as promised!

T.
Wavshrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 2:40 PM   #10

Doesn't the firmware upgrade to 1.02 solve the audio sync problem? I heard so.

Waiting for "my camera", yes, that's correct. And IS is a very good thing so I'm willing to wait a few more months.

MP4 compression of videos would be another nice feature. It's quality is a bit worse, but triples the amount of video that can be recorded on a card.