Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 2, 2004, 1:45 PM   #1

A friend has an S414 and downloaded images from the camera to her hard drive. She wants to upload from the computer back to the card so she canuse a printer at a local camera store. Neither of us can figure how to do it or if it can be done with that camera and software. Does she need to buy a card reader and use Windows to write on the card outside of the camera? Can anyone help with this?
ADSchiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 3, 2004, 5:34 AM   #2

Uploadng images back to the memory card is best done with a card reader. these can be had for $20 or less at most computer stores. The whole thing works best if you have Windows XP or at a minimum Windows ME or 98SE. I confess ignorance for Mac OS.

After the card reader is plugged in and the memory card inserted the card appears as a removeable drive and Windows automatically assigns a new drive letter. Copy files from your hard drive to your memory card as you would to a floppy for example.

If you decide to use the cable provided with your camera, it would be best if you do not use the software provided with your camera read files from the card while it is in your camera. Again, let Windows handle the linking between camera and PC and the memory card in the camera should appear as a removeable drive on your computer.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2004, 10:34 AM   #3

Thanks for the information. I was curious if the Dimage software (or a later update than my friend has) allows the data transfer while the card is in the camera. I can move files both ways with the Canon software that came with my camera. I just assumed all manufacturers let you do that. The use of a reader is a good idea. i will pass it on.
ADSchiller is offline   Reply With Quote