Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 3, 2004, 11:40 AM   #1

Does anybody use the Minolta MB-D1 case which was originally for the A1, 7hi etc ? Can you fit theDimage A2in with the lens shade on the camera, but inverted when not in use ? A couple of sites are suggesting this isa suitable case for the A2

Or has anyone got the Minolta CS-DG8, the case that Minolta match with the camera as listed on their site under accessories, system chart go to:http://konicaminolta.com/products/co...e-a2/10_3.html

I have seen the MB-D1 for £14.05 inc. vat & del. at http://www.cameradepot.co.uk and i know the CS-DG8 is quite a bit more!

Any recommendations for non Minolta cases suitable for the A2 very welcome!

Thanks, Stevekin

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2004, 3:13 PM   #2

Have now got my A2 and would still like recommendations for or against the two cases/bags i mentioned or any other. Please!...... By this weekend if pos!...... Go on, you know you want to help.

Thanks
Old Jul 8, 2004, 8:58 AM   #3

Stevekin
IMO, if you don't get the original bag from Minolta , take a look at Lowepro or Tamrac product:
http://www.lowepro.com/
http://www.tamrac.com/

They both have high quality bag of all sizes and design. The best is bringing your camera to the store and try them.
Also, you may want a case that could carry a little more then the camera itself (batteries, CF cards, charger, flash …)

KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2004, 11:03 AM   #4

Thanks Kcan, as there doesn't appear to beany A2 owners with Minolta cases i think a trip, with camera, to my local Jessops at the weekend is the next step.

Stevekin.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 6:23 PM   #5

FYI, an old thread, may be usefull ? I guess the A2 and D7x are the about same size

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=20

KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2004, 2:33 PM   #6

KCan, I have now ordered a Tamrac Digital Zoom 3. The seller http://www.digitalfirst.co.ukmanaged to fit an A2 with battery grip & lens shade fitted,cf cards spare battery, & the charger into this bag while i was on the phone to them!!

Hopefully i will find out tomorrow if they did or just told me they did.

Thanks for the advice.
Old Jul 10, 2004, 10:08 AM   #7

Tamrac came today. Snug fitand not too sure if the A2 will go in with Battery Grip fitted.Will find out later this week hopefully.

Does anyone know how easy/not easy it is toattach/detach the Grip ? Don't fancy faffing around i just want to put the lot in, in one go! But if it were a quick release or something....

Ta
Old Jul 11, 2004, 10:21 AM   #8

sorrythat i'm probably too late for your purposes, but i just got my A2 on thursday... i ordered the CS-DG8 case at the same time, and it fits the cam like a glove [so much so that its a bit hard to pull the cam out]. it's a perfect fit, and has an inside pocket for a lith battery and/or a few extra CF cards.

i created a problem for myself, though, and can't use the case... i got a BP400 battery grip, too [the cam is a beautifully-balanced and weighted machine with the grip on, btw]... there's NO way the A2 is going in the DG8 case with the grip attached, and there's REALLY no way the grip is ever coming back off of the camera!!

so,now I'Mlooking for an aftermarket softcase to protect this awsome camera.

luckily i have a friend with a Z2 who needs a case to carry it around in...
r55d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2004, 10:34 AM   #9

whoops, should've read all the thread before replying...

fyi, the battery grip attaches very quickly w/ a large internal thumbwheel that spins into the tripod socket...

exceptthere's one snag: there's a padded wrist-loop strapthat's permanently attached to the grip at the bottom, but has to behooked onto the cam's neckstrap eyelet with a very awkward ...lanyard clip [i think that's what you'd call it]... that takes some fiddlin' around with.

but like i said before; as soon as you put the grip on and get the strap adjusted, you won't want to take it back off anyhow...
r55d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2004, 5:56 PM   #10

Pleased to herethat the Battery Grip is fairly easy to fit & remove & most users seem to be very happy with it. Can't wait to get mine!! Seems like i have the same fit problem as you with the Tamrac bag though. I'll just have cross fingers till i get the grip. It appears to me that most camera bags/cases are not deep enough, as in front to back, until you get to larger camcorder type or professional bags, which without extra lenses, filters, flashguns etc would be a bit overkill i think.

I'll try to squeeze it in later this week.