Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 4, 2004, 2:37 PM   #1

Hello peeps, I'm looking to purchase a 2x teleconverter for my Z2, any ideas where I can get one and how much? I already have a 52mm converter, so hopefully I should have more options, but been on eBay looking, and because I'm a total newbie not sure what would fit. Any help would really be nice.

Cheers.:?
Welsh__boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2004, 5:12 PM   #2

I found one on eBay by doing a seach under Z2 and lens and got a bunch a hits. I bought a complete set of lens and filters and adapter tube from a company on eBay called WhyPayRetail. Search for this auction MINOLTA DiMAGE Z2 PROFESSIONAL ACCESORY KIT and you should find it.

It might be more than you need but I am really happy with the quality of the products. I have no interst in this company other than I am a very happy customer and they shipped very promptly. I tried all their lenses and filters and I am quite happy. I think I paid $69 or so for everything. I use the UV filter on my camera almost all the time if for nothing else than to protect the lens.

I found I use the .45x wide angle adapter a lot too. It gives a substantially wider angle without the distortion of a "fish eye" lens. The 2x tele works pretty well but don't forget to enable the accessory lens option within the setup menu to get best results. I also found that unless you zoom at least a little bit you get zoom vignetting.

T.
Wavshrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 5:43 PM   #3

could you post some pictures you took with these adaptor lenses? i have been thinking about getting some lenses, but the good quality lenses are very expensive, and i am wary of getting the cheap lenses from ebay.
Tinsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 11:46 PM   #4

Any particular styles? Tele or wide? Outdoor or indoor? I can upload a few tomorrow.

T
Old Jul 6, 2004, 8:37 AM   #5

Hi !

I am also interested in your pictures. What would be nice are comparisons: putting you camera on a tripod and just exchanging lenses would be great.

Thanks,

M.
montrealqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2004, 1:32 PM   #6

Ok, I'll see what I can do. I will try and do some AB comparisons when I have a chance. I shot a few with the converters and without, I found the final product good enough to keep with the converters and deleted the others. I will try and shoot some with everything the same and post them Wednesday. Today it's very overcast and rainy so I can't get any good outdoor shots.

I'll do a few at max zoom with and without tele and then some wide angle shots all of the same area.

-T.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 8:40 AM   #7

What's the chance you can post these photos soon?

I'm very interested to see the results...
David_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2004, 10:30 AM   #8

Minolta make a wide angle kit Part no. ZCW-100 which includes the adapter ring Part no. ZCA-100. The wide angle lens is a 0.75x which gives you 28mm (equivalent). The adapter has 45mm male thread to screw into camera and 52mm female thread for the add-ons, overall length is 32mm (including male thread). They don't make a tele convertor for the Z1/Z2, but I want to try the 1.5x tele that they make for the A1/A2, the Part no. is ACT-100 and it has 49mm thread for which I have a step down ring (from 52 to 49). I made some enquiries about the EagleEye Optic zoom which is a 5x tele, but they haven't tested it on a Z1/Z2 yet.
Eagleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2004, 12:24 AM   #9

HiWavshrdr,

I've looking at some conversions lens at ebay also. I tried a wide ange lens before for an old agfa 1200. I found that if I used the full wide angle, the 4 corners of the picture turned dark (fish eye). Do you have that problem. I just purchased an A2 and I really need a working (not necessary top quality) wide angle to shoot my house shots.

Thanks.

Stevenrino.
balr2coma0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2004, 2:08 PM   #10

Look for a solution with no vigietting (hope I spelled that correctly). That's the technical term for the dark corners.
Having the wide angle lens close the the built in lens and having the size of the end of the lens nearest the camera match the size of the adapter are the minimal requirements.

Bill
wmussatto is offline   Reply With Quote