Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 24, 2004, 8:26 AM   #11

Hi dave,

henrys in toronto will be getting the Z3 in very soon and are taking orders price is $699cdn...

snoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2004, 9:27 AM   #12

Hi Snoops, yeah, I saw that from their website, i've been going every day and searching! <grin> I only got a store credit from the folks at Aden Camera, so I'm going to use the credit to get the camera there, so far the price I have from aden is also $699.00.

I didn't see an availability date there, do you know when they're supposed to start receiving them?

Dave

dmillier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2004, 9:54 AM   #13

hey Dave,

no ETA on arival.. but i presume...since they are taking orders.. and what not and the fact they are advertising the Z3 it cant be to far away... my guess.. is beginning or Mid August...

*smiles*

Snoops

snoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2004, 10:04 AM   #14

I noticed at www.cameracanada.com they have the Z3 listed for $658.80 CDN. It is listed as not currently in stock but there is no information as to when it will be. I have never bought there before but I know others who have had good experiences with them.
Kilbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2004, 7:56 PM   #15

Update: Picked up my Z3 today, it's now available in Canada, yeah! Only here in black, no idea if or when the silver version will be available. Have played only for a few minutes, but here's a few quick comments to chew on:

1) feels GREAT! The rubberized grip is great, feels very comfortable

2) battery door is VERY solid. they've also moved the SD slot to the bottom and it's on its own, no longer combined with the usb interface, which is neat

3) fast start-up, similar to the Z2. Switching between LCD and EVF is great, no clunking sound, very fast. Interestingly, the EVF is supposed to have better resolution, but so far, at least to my inexperienced eyes, the LCD seems to be a crisper display, time will tell on this one.

Not much else to tell, have snapped a few REAL basic shots, good quality pics right away on auto, no adjustments. Will play more, and let you know how it goes, but so far i'm VERY happy i decided to take the Z2 back and wait for the Z3!

Dave
dmillier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2004, 5:08 AM   #16

I didn't even know there was even a Z3 cominmg, until the Z2I had on orderarrived and I got a big discount!I said "give methat 4mg pix 10x zoom cam and a bunch of batts and fast charger and mini tripod and .... change!"

I can't put the Z2 down and the pics are great, I would have to compare prices to be realistic about worth of those few extras.
DAvid McSween is offline   Reply With Quote