Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 15, 2004, 3:41 PM   #1

I was out looking for a camera case today and to my surprise, there isn't too much out there that fits the dimage z1/z2 series very well. Minolta carries a case specifically for the z1/z2 but its waaay over priced in my opinion and doesn't fit all that well - to boot.

any suggestions?:?
trueno92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2004, 5:32 PM   #2

I have the same problem. I'm going to buy ZCA-100 adapter and only then look for a case.
vilcans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2004, 6:07 PM   #3

vilcans wrote:
Quote:
I have the same problem. I'm going to buy ZCA-100 adapter and only then look for a case.
I just got my ZCA-100 adapter, so I'd be really interested in what you find.

It's smaller (shorter) than I thought, but obviously the camera will no longer fit into a fitted case.
stcanard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 5:30 AM   #4

i've been looking around for a case for a friend who just bought a Z2, and neither of us liked the looks of the "turtleshell case" offered by K-M...

but:

we tried it in the minolta CS-DG8 "holster-type" soft case made for my A2, and since he's added the extension tube and a UV filter permanently to the Z2 body that extends the lens tube an extra 1_1/2" or so, with a little looseness around the body of the camera it's a great fit...

too bad that now i've got to figure out what to put my A2 in...

...since the A2/batterygrip combo has NO chance of ever going in that case again, guess who ended up keeping it...
r55d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 6:17 AM   #5

Hi

I found a great case at JESSOPS here in the UK - very small and compact perfect snug fit for the Z2 WITH the adaptor fitted. The make of case is CASE LOGIC, black leather look - approx 7inches high by 6in wide by 5in deep, easy catch, and a zip compartment in the lid - great for carrying spare batteries and other accessories, and a shoulder strap. Looks expensive but only cost £15.

Lizzy
kathmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 8:26 AM   #6

Hi !

Look at LoweAlpine carrying cases. I fit my z2 equipped with an adapter and a UV filter, charger+ extra set of batteries+ cable + car cable, USB cable, extra memory card. It has a nice padded shoulder strap with antislip rubber. You can also wear it around you waist (if you also wear a belt). If you wish, I can send pictures.

M.

montrealqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 8:37 AM   #7

Hi Again !

Look at the same thread for A2 cases. My case is a Lowepro Nova Micro AW series case : www.lowepro.com.

This case also has an 'integrated rain coat'.

M.
montrealqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 2:09 PM   #8

I use this. The ZCW-100 is stored under the camera lens adapter tube which is attached to the camera. I also have room for 2 sets of batteries, both cords, extra sd cards, and a table top mini tripod. This came from Ritz camera. It has a handle as well as a shoulder strap. They have bigger sizes if you want to carry more "stuff".
Attached Images

Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2004, 1:02 AM   #9

I use the standard Z2 minolta bag to hold my Z2 with the extension tube, skylight filter, and 52 lens cap on. I put the camera in the bag vertically lens downwith the wide angle lens stored under the control side of camera. I put the cable in the front pocket, mini tripod in the back pocket and extra cards inthe internal top pocket. Definitely a tight fit but it works and is as small as possible bag for carrying. I also have a very strong waterproof hard shell case with the tear out foam fitting interior. This case holds all of the above plus additional filters. It is great for hiking and canoeing. Once while on a fast moving river my canoe flipped and the camera case spent 15 minutes at the bottom of the river with no damage to camera (or people aboard).
Kilbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2004, 5:45 PM   #10

I use a tamrac 5696 to carry the Z2 with its extension tube attached and uv filter. Also in the bag is a polarizing filter four more double aa rechargeables and the minolta wide angle lens. Case is well padded and can be carried on your belt or a shoulder strap. I use the shoulder strap because it is a little big to be attached to my belt.

Good luck. I spent over a month looking around for a bag. Wanted a small bag but had to wait until I bought all my accessories and wanted to see if they would fit.

larryl is offline   Reply With Quote