Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 18, 2004, 12:51 AM   #1

Hi All,

Thanks for the helpful responses in the "carry cam" thread... i'll keep looking around for something suitable.

I took my Z1 out for a few test shots today and it was extremely hot outside, say 31degrees celc, or ~90 degrees feirgn. I had the camera on standby for most of the time, however I had noticed that if I pushed the manualshutter to 1/800 and apature = 2.5, the camera would feeze up on me, either in focus mode or even in a menu!! the camera would just hang and i would have to hold down the power button for ~15 seconds for it to poweroff and then power back on. If that didn't solve the issue, i would take a battery out and reboot the camera.

for ~30 mins, this happened contineously to my camera and i am wondering if it would have been the scortching heat that could have caused this sparatic behaviour.

I would aslo get a system error but with no number listed. The system error did not show everytime the camera crashed. The camrea seemed to operate normally when it had cooled down.

has anyone else had this issue and if they did, how was it correted?

thanks

andrew
trueno92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2004, 12:03 AM   #2

OK, tried it a few more times today in what appears to be normal summer weather and the camera was still reporting 'system error' and automatically shutting down. I am somewhat convinced this is a heat/related issue as the camera wouldnt' do this right when i would turn it on, or from standby. After shooting a few pics with it, the error would come up, or the camrea would just freeze up, as in none of the buttons would be active at all.

Interestingly enough, i couldn't get the camrea to reproduce these errors in my home.. only outdoors.

No one else has experienced this? anyone use their Z1 in a tropical country?! or summer?????
trueno92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2004, 9:30 AM   #3

Hasn't happened to my Z2 in South Louisiana heat...
ignavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2004, 11:53 AM   #4

I've used my Z1 in 95 degee tempswith 95% humidity here in VA with no problems. Make sure you eliminate the possiblilty of bad batteries and bad SD card first. It they are not the problem then your camera may just may need a trip to a Minolta repair facility.
Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote