Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 9, 2004, 8:38 AM   #21

Z3

Availability and price comparison is here:

http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPC-Konica...GE_Z3~S-2~OR-0

: (UK) (£270/$499 inc. P&P):idea: and in stockat time of writing)

aliendonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2004, 5:25 AM   #22

Buy the Panasonic FZ-20, much better camera
bouncerbenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2004, 11:06 AM   #23

It maybe better, (5Mp rather than 4... well 4.91 rather than3.87 to be anal about it), tho the video mode is a lot more impressive on the z3.

The FZ10 (roughly equal on spec)costs an extra 30+% more the the Z3 and I can't find even find a provisionalprice for the FZ-20 yet tho I won't win a nobel prize for guessing it will cost even more.

I couldn't really say definitivlyhowever as looking at the spec sheet is useful but not the same as pointing and shooting.....and I haven't tried either yet (my Z3is in the post todayso I'll let you know after acouple of hundred pix what theZ3 is like)

I am not a pro (or even a particularly talented amateur). The F2 lens throughout the range is attractive with the panasonic, but not enough for me personally to spend an extra £80 or so for an FZ10. The only thing that would swing it for me is lag time fom half depressing the shutter button to actually taking the pic. It is about the only thing about film Ipreferover digital.
aliendonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2004, 3:05 PM   #24

I would think both Pan-Z20 and MK Z-3 have risks. Z3 has a new lens (10x --> 12x) with unknown 'purple fringing' sharpness, etc. Pan-Z20 has gone from 4 to 5 megapizels which may increase noise and fringing. On the other hand there are real people posting real images with the Z-3. I believe the Z20 is still "pre-production". I'd be curious to see if anyone can put a 2x converter on the front of a Z-3 and what results they get (does the AS still work). The panasonic has a little bit easier job since its front doesn't move as it zooms. The two professional sites which I have seen which looked at both of their predecessors seemed to like the picture quality of the Pan over the MK. But as I said, both of the new cameras have done something which could impact, good or bad, the image quality.

BTW: anyone know a mailorder shop which has there own extended warrantee like Best Buy (it breaks we dont ask why we just give you store credit for either a new one or a competing unit)?
wmussatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2004, 5:19 AM   #25

Hello !

I had my Z3 yesterday (here in France)

more info at :

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...jump_to=167113

plepoutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2004, 10:13 AM   #26
brl

I'm trying to find a website or phone for them? Do you have it handy? Thnaks.

I'm wanting one ASAP. Brent

[email protected]
brl is offline   Reply With Quote