Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 23, 2004, 1:20 PM   #1

I just bought a Tamrac model 5683 case for my A2 and want to report it fits like a dream. I can leave the lens hood on, carry two spare batteries, the USB cord and a few filters no problem. The down side is the manual (which I still like to have around me) won't fit. For users of the battery grip, I think the case may be a bit small, maybe it'll fit. Got it for $23 on my doorstep from Focus Camera.
drool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2004, 2:52 PM   #2

Unfortunately it won't fit in the Tamrac 5683 Digital Zoom 3 with the battery grip attached, i hoped it would as i liked the bag. See my earlier thread on bags. http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=20
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 10:46 AM   #3

I did discover an issue with the case. When the lens hood is in the "deployed" position, the edge of it goes into the seam between the padding on the case down at the end. This leaves no padding, just the nylon between the outside world and the lens assembly. I discovered this when I set the camera down while holding the strap and was greeted the a thump as the lens hood bumped the table. I'll have to remember to stow the lens hood.

I don't have the battery grip and do not intend to get one as it defeats the compactness of the camera (IMO).I intend to get a digital SLR at some time in the not too distant future which will be the "big" camera. Two spare batteries do just fine for me.
drool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2004, 5:07 AM   #4

Without the battery grip i agree it's a nice bag. I wonder, when you say you will have to stow the lens hood, do you mean separated from the camera, or attached in the reverse position ? This way it shouldn't catch on anythingand in terms of length will need slightly less space. You may already know this, but just in case.

The A2 is not exactly pocketable and I find that my battery grip makes it muchmore comfortable to hold and secure in the hand with more to hold on to, also the hand strap. As well as that i like to be able to use the many AA Nimh batteries i already had with my previous camif i need to. And of course the extra shutter release for portrait shots which also comes in very handy for when the camera is held low down. The A2 is not exactly pocketable.(IMHO)
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2004, 5:55 AM   #5

If you are in the UK, Antler make a case for the A2 which is sold
exclusively by Dixons (as far as I know). It takes the A2 with the
lens hood on, 2 spare batteries, spare "film" and my remote control
and USB lead. At a push, I can also get my sigma flash gun on top.

The main pocket has a zip as well as the push fastener.

This is it all closed off

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan.sh...otos/case2.jpg

And this is it opened up - as best as I can do

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan.sh...otos/case1.jpg

It costs around £30 - or less from Dixons Duty Free at airports.

Attached Images

alan sh is offline   Reply With Quote