Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 25, 2004, 2:08 PM   #1

Hello,
Following up on a previous post I am looking for recommendations for PP software for MAC.
I would place my photography skill level at 5 out of 10, however, I am very proficient with apps like PhotoShop.
Assume I am using a Minolta A2.
Thx.

R.
smartyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2004, 4:16 PM   #2

If you go through that faq I sent you earlier they have a workflow that works pretty good:

PhotoShop and Noise Ninja (Unfortunatly Neat Image is PC only) are the two tools I would use.

I have some other tools but they are PC only, but you might want to look for a EXIF batch editing program (I use Exifer) and something for picture organization. I have used Adobe Album but now use Picasa.

By the way this flow will apply to all the Prosumers and the DSLRS if you want the ultimate pictures from your camera it's not just an A2 thing.
CastleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2004, 5:04 PM   #3

I'd go for Photoshop CS everytime. I'm a total newbie though, so not sure if my opinion counts, but you can pick up a copy on eBay for next to nothing. Only problem is it is rather powerful, and a good book is also needed to figure out how to do mosy stuff, but if you're already ok with Photoshop I'd plump for it.
Welsh__boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2004, 7:32 AM   #4

Welsh__boy wrote:
Quote:
you can pick up a copy on eBay for next to nothing.
This copy from ebay for "next to nothing" is almost certainly a pirated copy and as such illegal. ebay usually shuts down such offerings pretty quickly..

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2004, 11:20 PM   #5

I'd like to be able to open my RAW files from my A2 directly into Photoshop, but PS doesn't appear to open the MRW files. Other than the DiMage viewer software included with my camera, what are my other options? I've searched the web and haven't found anything.
spamcollectorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2004, 7:47 AM   #6
Administrator

spamcollectorz wrote:
Quote:
I'd like to be able to open my RAW files from my A2 directly into Photoshop, but PS doesn't appear to open the MRW files. Other than the DiMage viewer software included with my camera, what are my other options? I've searched the web and haven't found anything.
Photoshop CS (but not earlier versions) should support your .mrw files via Adobe Camera RAW (this should be in your plugins directory under Adobe Photoshop CS).

If you are using CS and can't open .mrw files, try reinstalling Adobe Camera RAW. You can download the latest version here (scroll down and select your platform beside Photoshop, then select Camera Raw from the list that comes up next):

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/main.html

Dalibor's MRWformat is a popular choice with Minolta users, and works with earlier versions of Photoshop. You can see more about it here:

http://www.dalibor.cz/minolta/plugin.htm

A free program for .mrw files that seems to be gaining some popularity is RAW Deal. Here is the link to it (Windows only):

http://members.optusnet.com.au/pszym...r/graphics.htm

PaintShop Pro 9 also supports it now (Windows only). You can download a trial version to try it:

http://www.jasc.com/products/paintshoppro/?
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote