Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 30, 2004, 3:29 AM   #1

Available in Hong Kong , silver color version only.

Around US$400, really good price and can't stand to buy at once.

http://www.fotop.net/rolexng/Z3_1stsample

rolexng is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 30, 2004, 5:02 AM   #2

Thanks a lot for sharing the pics, I'm downloading them now.

Sad to hear about errors in firmware. Does it seem to be one error repeating itself or multiple errors?
James Bond 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 5:41 AM   #3

Could you put a few full resolution pictures somewhere?
James Bond 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 6:01 AM   #4

Not bad those images, considering they've been shot in a cloudy day.

It could seem unrelevant to most, but I must say that -as
it is already impossible to have all that one would wish to
in a single camera- it is somewhat irritating to me that one cannot even choose (in Europe and Asia) between silver and black color, for the latter seems to be only available in the US.

I'd also like to know more about the "system errors".
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 11:56 AM   #5

I'd like to know about the system errors too. does minolta have a good firmware upgrade (unlike panasonic) also

You can buy oneof these NOW (they emailed me that they had stock this morning) for $444 US + shipping from www.digitalfirst.co.uk

drlava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 12:03 PM   #6

Thanks for comments. Actually, is a cloudy day, the color is represent the actual views. For the system error, I have report to Konica Minolta (hong kong ) and the initial answer is caused by the memory card, I used the old Kingston 512 M SD card from my friend for testing, it is normally used for Pocket PC, not High Speed. KM recomment me to try the original SD card ( panasonic 16M ) for continue shooting, for any system error. I will try latter.

rolexng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 12:56 PM   #7

How is the sharpness in the full sized photo? Does it suffer from the "softness" many complained of in the Z2?
abergfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2004, 10:05 AM   #8

Why is the US the last to get cameras?:?
bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2004, 10:30 AM   #9

rolexng wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for comments. Actually, is a cloudy day, the color is represent the actual views. For the system error, I have report to Konica Minolta (hong kong ) and the initial answer is caused by the memory card, I used the old Kingston 512 M SD card from my friend for testing, it is normally used for Pocket PC, not High Speed. KM recomment me to try the original SD card ( panasonic 16M ) for continue shooting, for any system error. I will try latter.
Quote:
I know the z3 is probably light-years ahead in complexity, but i see a similarity with the unexpected "system-error" you had and with a defective Z1 that i had returned.

With my Z1, it was ~35 degrees celcius + added humidity and i was outdoors, trying to take pics, and the z1 would just report 'system error' for no reason at all. I would usually let the camera wait a few mins, but sometimes the entire camera would hang, or it would just shut off automatically. Very unpredictable. I thought maybe it was my card, and high-speed or not, the camera should cache all the data to the internal buffer first. The only problem speed would make would be in the video recording and MAYBE the burst/contineous modes. Just to test, I removed the card from my camera as it was crashing and powered it on again, and within 10 seconds later, it froze up with no card inserted.

That z1 was made in korea, and the Z1 that i have now seems to work great and its also made in korea.
trueno92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2004, 7:31 PM   #10

bruin wrote:
Quote:
Why is the US the last to get cameras?:?
Just take comfort in the knowledge that when they do arrive over there they will be half the price that we have to pay here in the UK
redmikee is offline   Reply With Quote