Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 1, 2004, 1:40 AM   #1

I posted a similar question in the Panasonic Forum, but I wanted some objective answers from this one as well.

Both these cameras are to released about the same time, at similar prices.

If anyone has compared the two, can you please ad your comments here.

Thanks.

StormyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2004, 7:23 AM   #2

The Panasonic FZ20 is sturdierheavier camera with a bigger brighter lens. The FZ20 is 5 megapixel camera with a manual focus ring and a TIFF image mode.

The Minolta Z3 is smaller lighter 4 megapixel camera with faster focus and shooting ability. The Z3 appears to have morefeatures like its super macro, progressive shooting, high quality video.

Picture quality is undoubtably something that will be argued for months. The biggest difference is probably the cost. InCanada the FZ20 cost about 30-40% more. If you can afford to spend that much more there are other cameras out there worth considering as well.
Kilbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2004, 7:43 AM   #3

Perhaps I should've started this thread with, what can i get for the price of a FZ-20?

I'm leaning toward the FZ-20, but I'd be stupid if I didn't take some advice from others as well, even if it shows the FZ-20 in even better light.

What other cameras, around this price doyou have in mind. The FZ-20 is atthe upper price limit for me - around $1099 Australian.

StormyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote