Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 2, 2004, 4:51 AM   #1

Hello...

I'm going to Germany around 15th august.. and I wanna to buy Konica Minolta ZZzzz.... and.. I don't know... 2 or 3..

I know the differences (antishake, 12x, less "plastic" feel, better viewfinder - most important).. but... is there any difference in pictures taken without zoom and on a tripod.. with the same conditions..? Maybe lower chromatic abberations or something...

My biggest problem is z2 + tripod = z3 ? If so... i'll buy z2.. cause I don't plan to take many x12 pictures where I need antishake.. but if z3 has better quality of pictures.. taken in the same conditions... i'll buy z3.

Can anyone help me?
Calavero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2004, 5:39 AM   #2

Hello,

There are no full-res Z3 pictures on the net yet so no one made a comparison.
James Bond 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2004, 5:02 AM   #3

I think... that Z3 have less Chromatic Abberation... and have better colorus... Am I wrong...? Does anybody have Z2 and Z3... and can make picture....with the same condition.. and post it here? It will be great..
Old Aug 6, 2004, 7:02 AM   #4

You're going to miss those opportunities when the light is a little low & the subject is a little further away, the antishake will come into it's own. Save up now for when the Z3 is released, also the Z3 will have a longer useful life than the Z2 and you will think those extra dollars over that extra time is not much is it?
StormyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2004, 7:24 AM   #5

Also consider that the Z3 has f4 or worse aperture throughout most of the zoom range (from 4x) which is not a good thing for moving subjects and also takes part of the advantage of IS away.
James Bond 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2004, 7:47 AM   #6

James Bond 007 wrote:
Quote:
Also consider that the Z3 has f4 or worse aperture throughout most of the zoom range (from 4x) which is not a good thing for moving subjects and also takes part of the advantage of IS away.
I want to buy z2/z3 cause i think that's the most functionally (Macro, zoom, video, UHS...) camera in my $ range - and I won't change it for anything else... I doubt.. that Z2 has better aperture throughout zoom than Z3..... and.. i saw everything what is possible on the www about z3.. now.. i had to earn 100 more Euro :P... eh...
And i hope.. that z3 will be aviable in the middle of august... in germany (cause there i'm going... and there it's around another 100Euro cheaper...). Thanks. I'm almost make up my mind... - Z3
Old Aug 11, 2004, 10:31 AM   #7

Hallo,

Buy a Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z2 as I do nowfor the second time and save 100 Euro for more useful things. With Dimgage Z2 (after Z1) Minolta improves some important details, the most important for me is the manual focus within video mode, the only chance to get sharp pictures.

But with Minolta`s Z3 (instead of Z2) you get...
  1. a worse sensor size (1/2.5") [/*]
  2. a worse aperture range (F2.8 - F4.5) [/*]
  3. a worse flash (4.0 m/13.1 ft) [/*]
  4. a worse LCD monitor (78,000 pix.) [/*]
  5. a worse maximum video resolution (640x480).[/*]
Think about it! Regards from Germany for the first time in this forum...
reini is offline   Reply With Quote