Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 2, 2004, 4:24 PM   #1

Somebody in this forum wrote he have a z2 with 1.03 firmware. So, here is the question - anybody knows where it will be realised for download? Or maybe there is newer version of firm.?
nester is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 6, 2004, 4:39 PM   #2

I searched the web looking to find the most recent firmware for my new Z2 ( it's less then a month old from the factory) and all I could find out there was the version 1.02 The new camera's being sold have verson 1.03if anyone does not havethis you may want to email Konica Minolta and let them post version 1.03 that way you can be as up to date and the new ones coming out of the factory now.

Yachtman79:|
yachtman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2004, 6:36 PM   #3
Administrator

The newest version Konica-Minolta has posted for download is Version 1.02 for the Z2, dated April 21, 2004

Now, there may be a newer version, but if so, it's not an available release for download, so writing an e-mail won't help.

Typically, new firmware will show up on the Japanese site first, then it gets posted on the European site, then it will get posted on the U.S. site. No version newer than 1.02 is available for download.

Note that some Konica-Minolta models have identical firmware, no matter what market the camera is sold in. However, with some models, there is a difference. I have not looked at this close enough to know about the Z2 (but it would be easy enough to compare the firmware files to tell).

KM Japan Download site:

http://ca.konicaminolta.jp/cgi-bin/d...mp;product=dz2

KM Europe Download site:
http://konicaminoltaeurope.com/magic_frameEoI.shtml?nav.html?software/firmware/firmware_en.html

KM U.S. Download site for Z2:

http://www.minoltausa.com/eprise/mai...etail=Software

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2004, 9:49 PM   #4

Where would I be able to check which firmware I have, and how is the update done? Can I do it myself, or does a retailer have to do it for you?

AudioAltima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2004, 4:48 PM   #5

I too would like to know how I can tell what firmware my z2 is using anyone know?:?:
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2004, 5:22 PM   #6

If you follow the link to download a firmware, you will see the installation guide:

Quote:

Checking the camera software version
(1)
Press the main switch to turn on the camera.
(2)
Press the menu button.
(3)
Press the right key of the controller, select SETUP icon, and press the center of the controller to display the setup menu.
(4)
Confirm that the section 1 menu tab is highlighted, and press the macro mode button. A window will open to indicate the software version.

KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2004, 1:31 PM   #7

thanks for your reply
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2004, 4:02 PM   #8

Here's another pice of information regarding Z2 firmware. I bought a Z2 in early August, but it failed a few days after I got it. Apparently something mechanical in the lens jammed. The camera locked-up andI could hear abuzzing sound that I think camefrom the lens. The dealer replaced it right away, and the one I have now works very well. But I noticed that the second Z2 is made in Korea, and I am pretty sure the first one I got was made in Japan. Looking at the EXIF data from the pictures I took with the first one, it had firmware version 1.03, while the Korean-made camera has version 1.02 .
vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2004, 5:53 PM   #9

vermilion wrote:
Quote:
Here's another pice of information regarding Z2 firmware. I bought a Z2 in early August, but it failed a few days after I got it. Apparently something mechanical in the lens jammed. The camera locked-up and I could hear a buzzing sound that I think came from the lens. The dealer replaced it right away, and the one I have now works very well. But I noticed that the second Z2 is made in Korea, and I am pretty sure the first one I got was made in Japan. Looking at the EXIF data from the pictures I took with the first one, it had firmware version 1.03, while the Korean-made camera has version 1.02 .
Another data point. My Z2 purchased in April, was made in Korea and has 1.00 SW.
TheRajah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2004, 1:22 PM   #10

There are new beta-firmware for Minolta Z2.

It has RAW support.

http://tester13.nm.ru/nikon/z2.zip
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote