Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 2, 2004, 8:05 PM   #1
a2b

can some one please explain what is this firmware how do you learn if its available if its for your model camera ie mines a g600 what improvements do you get and how do you get it into your camera ie i have seen its available for konica 510 and minolta g500 how about my g600! many thanks if i can be advised about all this . a2b uk.
a2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2004, 11:00 PM   #2
Administrator

There are no firmware upgrades available for the G600 yet.

Think of firmware assoftware internal to your camera that runsits.

Sometimes, a manufacturer will release a new version to correct problems in the original firmware, and sometimes these updates will add features, too.

Installation is pretty simple for the Konica designed models with this body style (Konica KD-310z, KD-400z, KD-410z, KD-500Z, KD-510Z; Minolta G500). I'm confident your G600 will be pretty much the same (if/when a firmware upgrade is released). You just download the firmware upgrade (which will include a file ending in .bin that is the actual firmware). Then, you must copy it to the root directory of your Secure Digital Card. Power up the camera, and follow the instructions on cameras's LCD display (just pushing a button to start the upgrade, the pressing the delete (trashcan key) when it's finished.

Konica Minolta will include detailed instructions when you download the firmware. Make sure to follow them exactly (interrupting a firmware update in progess can ruin a camera).

Usually, firmware updates forwill show up on the Konica Minolta Japan site first. That's where I got my update for the KD-510z (G500), before it showed up on the Europe and U.S. sites. However, these sites are in Japanese, so navigation can be difficult. :-)

They'll usually show up on the European sitewithin a day or two of being posted on the Japanese site. Here's where you can check for 'em (but none are available for the G600):

http://konicaminoltaeurope.com/magic...rmware_en.html

Eventually, they make it to the U.S. site here. You'll see a "software" menu choice when something is available (nothing is now):

http://www.minoltausa.com/eprise/mai...me=DiMAGE_G600

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 1:58 AM   #3
a2b

thankyou jim c you seem to know so much about these models you seem to pop up on all sorts of answers to do with these nice cameras im sure we are most gratefull you happen to have so much interest in them thanks againby the way do you ever sleep ! ect !regards rod a2b
a2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 12:29 PM   #4
Administrator

a2b wrote:
Quote:
thankyou jim c you seem to know so much about these models you seem to pop up on all sorts of answers to do with these nice cameras im sure we are most gratefull you happen to have so much interest in them thanks againby the way do you ever sleep ! ect !regards rod a2b
Well, I've owned a Konica KD-510z since mid-July of last year (about 2 weeks after it starting shipping in Japan). So, I've probably had a lot more time to figure out how it works compared to most users. At the time of it's release, lots of users asked me to find out how certain things worked in a variety of conditions, too (since they had no other source withthis camera to ask these questions). It didn't start shipping in other parts of the world until much later.

So, this helped me to understand it's "quirks" better, too.

What's sleep? :-)

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote