Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 4, 2004, 12:04 PM   #1

Does anyone knowwhen this camera will be available in the US and at what price?
rhblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 4, 2004, 5:37 PM   #2
GMS

I called Konica Minolta US and they said the product will be released in September (no more specific than that) and wouldn't comment on price.

It's priced in Japan at between 40,000 and 50,000 yen. The Amazon Japan price is 49,564. The launch date there is Aug 6.

GMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2004, 6:44 PM   #3

someone in another digicam forum has already reported on his/hers. not happy with it - equipment failure among other things. i'm interested in it, but after that report, i'm definitely not jumping till it's gotten a thorough going over by various reviewers.
ochiruna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2004, 7:01 PM   #4
GMS

Could you please post that user review? The only one I have seen is at: http://www.photographyblog.com/revie...998&page=1

I have owned the Xg and Xi and have been generally impressed with the design, functionality and image quality for an ultracompact point and shoot. But, the X50 is a very new design and with a 5MP CCD, it's not at all clear that it will be an incremental improvement over the previous models.

I am also surprised at the lack of reviews prior to launch. Nobody seems to have been given an early look at this camera.

GMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2004, 6:14 PM   #5

sorry about not being able to post the site. it was not one i bookmarked. i believe the poster may have been from asia somewhere.
ochiruna is offline   Reply With Quote