Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 4, 2004, 5:13 PM   #1

I've read several reviews where the A2 had no real problems or at worst the images were softer than those of the competive offerings. One, DCRESOURSE.COM, showed significant image problems. This reviewer even had two bum cameras right off the bat. It seems that the A2's problems are either 1.) inthe mechanics (includes optics,) 2.) in the firmware area, 3.) quality control, or 4.) all of the above. If the A2 is basically an upgraded A1, then should not the A2 be O'K as well? Has Minolta written poor firmware and/or failed to test it properly? On the quality front, it seems that some people are getting "good" cameras and others are getting "bad" cameras. I've not read of any competitive camera with such a record. The research I've done suggests that on features and specs alone, the A2 is well ahead of all the others. The A2 is the camera I'd like to buy, but not until I have that warm fuzzy feeling that it is "fixed." I'm not willing to take the chance I'll get a good one.
BOILER66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 4, 2004, 5:19 PM   #2
NHL

It depends on who reviewed the camera: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/A2/A2A12.HTM

It looks pretty sharp to me: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...ts/index.shtml
... better than some "L" (blur plot) lenses even :-)

BOILER66 wrote:
Quote:
I've read several reviews where the A2 had no real problems or at worst the images were softer than those of the competive offerings.
The jpeg out of the Minolta are softer than most because of the less noisy processing... In RAW the picture should be the best that this 'G' technology lens can offer.
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote