Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 21, 2004, 10:43 AM   #41

Ok, enough already! You've all convinced me! I've bought one (at least ordered one) - a Z3 that is. I thought that I'd get it from Amazon - all my dealings with them turned out ok (and there have been a few hiccups). Their price was good but there's a lead time of 1-2 weeks.

I think that the speed, AA batteries, SD cards, sizeand price difference make it a better buy than the Panny FZ20 and, too me at least, quite unresistable.

I'll let you know how it goes and promise to post a few pictures asap.

Thanks particularly to Tim, Zoltan, James (007) and EyesRed for your input - I just needed that bit of a push.

Clive
Clive Egginton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 7:56 AM   #42

Hi,

Clive i have made some good and bad shoots with Z3 take a look and convinced yourself if it is ok or not )

http://dgallery.host-park.com

Zoltan
zoli223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 4:27 PM   #43

Hi Zoltan,

Is there a way to get rid of the horizontal lines seen around the apple in your sample picture? The lines realy stand in my way of bying this camera, for the rest the camera looks really great.

Peteur
Peteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 11:19 PM   #44

Ok, call me blind but where exactly do you see horizontal banding or lines in the photograph?

http://dgallery.host-park.com/details.php?image_id=18

Could it be your monitor? Maybe it is a trinitron with those faint lines holding up the mask for the tube...:-)

The closest I can see to anything like that seems to be in the background behind the apple.

Zoltan, have you done any processing of your photographs after taking them?

Tim

PS I can't stand the wait. My Z3 is in transit at the moment and should be here maybe tomorrow!
Wavshrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2004, 1:45 AM   #45

I viewed the image on my laptop, and when I view the image 1 on 1 it's easy to see the lines at the right of the apple in the dark spot. This is not the only picture I have seen with those lines.

Probably it's not my TFT but your monitor not showing such details!!!! Until now I haven't seen a camera with lines such lines.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 2:07 AM   #46

The solution is simple. Throw away your TFT and buy a CRT. :-D

I also see the lines, but only at 100% zoom, and I usually won't look at my pics that way.
James Bond 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2004, 2:18 AM   #47

If I buy a 4M camera I expect it to make sharp pictures and I want to be able to enlarge!!!

It's no solution to resolve the consequenses, you have to resolve the source and that's the Z3 nothing else!!!!!
Old Aug 24, 2004, 2:47 AM   #48

Hi,

Peteur in some shoots i have to the horizontal lines it is maybe form Jpeg compression.

For example http://dgallery.host-park.com/data/media/7/PICT0416.JPG
in this photo you can see the horisontal lines, and in the photo with the Apple you cant see it.
I think it is somtig with the Jpeg encoding, i hope

Zoltan
zoli223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2004, 3:16 AM   #49

I hope someone can proof that is the fact. Hopefully the problem can be corrected with new firmware.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 3:54 AM   #50

I've asked Minolta about the horizontal lines a week ago. They still trying to figure out what to answer. :-(

It seems that not all cameras have this problem. The stripes in zoli223's picture are very faint. I met another user who had this problem, here's a 100% crop of one of his pics. Look for vertical lines, the picture is rotated.

http://www.csucsposta.hu/jbnd007/band.jpg
James Bond 007 is offline   Reply With Quote