Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 17, 2004, 9:02 PM   #1

I am considering a purchase of a tube adapter/flower hood for my beloved and heavily researched z1... (yeah yeah i know its JUST a z1, but prices on ebay are making this 'upgrade' insanely affordable)

anyways, does anyone else on the board (puck?) have any pictures of the tube mounted on their z1/z2? i have seen what the flower hood looks like on it, but im just wondering about the tube adapter alone (48-52mm).

and finally, does the hood offer any visual advantages than if i were not to use it?

i understand it helps in very bright daylight shots.. are there any other circumstances where i would want it?

are there any circumstances where i would NOT want to use it?

thanks much all!

andrew.
trueno92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2004, 1:24 PM   #2

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEUS:IT
nickfanmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2004, 7:13 PM   #3

trueno92 wrote:
Quote:
anyways, does anyone else on the board (puck?) have any pictures of the tube mounted on their z1/z2?
Here's my Z-1 with a ZCA-100 and a 1A filter. I leave it on at all times to protect the lens from damage. When I am running around with the camera hanging around my neck I don't want that plastic zoom lens to take a knock if i accidently swing around quickly and bounce it off a door jamb or some such thing. I don't have a lens hood whose main purpose would be to shade the lens to help prevent lens flare in certain lighting conditions. So far I've really not needed it.

Of course the second reason to leave the ZCA-100 on the camera is it looks cool!:-)

Attached Images

Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2004, 9:47 AM   #4

hey puck, thanks.

the post was from a while back before i decided to purchase the adapter ring - i just wanted to see what it looked like mounted on the camera.

i managed to get the tube, a silver petal hood and a 52mm cap that opens from squeezing in the middle for $20 from ebay. if u are interested i can let u know the seller. good quality stuff at a great price and good shipping too.

i was sold on the tube on the thinking it would prevent any dirt/dust getting into the barrel and never having to wipe the original lens.

im still trying to see what difference (if any) the hood makes (even if that means blocking the rapid AF sensor) but from what i have seen so far, the camera seems to perform just the same and focus just as fast with or without the hood even under not so great conditions.

thanks!

a.

Old Aug 30, 2004, 8:00 PM   #5
Tik

I so want one of those petal hoods - they look so good !!

Can't use one though because I use a polarising filter a lot and have to use a rubber lens hood - the petals would get in the wrong place due to the rotation of the polariser.

For me any lens hood is good because it allows me to shoot in the rain which I do a lot of because of the climate and because of the nice flat lighting - non of that nasty high dynamic range which the camera can't cope with - dull days are good !
Tik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 11:31 PM   #6

Puck M wrote:
Quote:
Of course the second reason to leave the ZCA-100 on the camera is it looks cool!:-)

Puck is right, but i cranked up the "rice"-factor on mine :idea: