Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 17, 2004, 10:57 PM   #1

First, thanks for the X50/X30 reviews - I was hoping that you would do them soon!

However, there are some errors in them that could lead to some confusion among shoppers, so I thought I'd bring them to your attention. The errors (that I noticed) had to do with whether each of the cameras could take video with audio. (As I understand it, the X50 has audio recording capability while the X31 does not.)

Here's a rundown on the conflicting statements:

X50

Intro page:

“Major Features” section: “Motion video 320 x 240 w/audio at 15 fps or 30 fps”

Specs section: “Movie Recording – Frame rate: 15 fps, 30 fps / Recording time: Until the memory is full w/ monaural audio”

Record Modes and Menu Options page: “In Movie mode you can record full motion video in 320 x 240 or 160 x 120 resolution at 15fps without audio.”

X31

Intro page:

“XR (Extended Recording) movie processing allows digital video with audio to be captured and played back.”

Major Features section: “Motion video 320 x 240 w/out audio at 15fps, unlimited lengths”

Spec section: “File Format – Motion JPEG (MOV) without audio”, and later “Movie recording – recording time depends on memory card capacity (without audio)”

Movie Modes and Menu Options page:

“In Movie Mode you can record full motion video in 320 x 240 or 160 x 120 resolution at 15 fps (without audio)”
MacMaui is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2004, 9:07 PM   #2

I asked a similar question on the X31 earlier and no one answered.
hfc1 is offline   Reply With Quote