Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 20, 2004, 3:43 AM   #1

:?There seem to be two different Konica-Minolta serial numbers associated to the same camera. Newegg, for instance, is selling the Dimage Z3 with the Manufacturer's # as 22470749, while B&H has the same camera with the Manufacturer's # as 2733351. Does anyone know why?
alder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2004, 6:28 AM   #2

Maybe the color? black / silver

macchina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2004, 10:35 AM   #3

Could be, like the Z2, some were made in different countries....
AudioAltima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2004, 3:18 PM   #4

It's not the color. If you search on dimage z3 in http://www.streetprices.com, you can see that both colors are found with both part numbers.

As to the country of origin, I don't know, but I keep wondering if the frimware is different. I would expect that B&H would be the most up to date, and they are selling the part number which is greater (although size and date of release may have no connection for Konica-Minolta?).

I also noticed that, except for Newegg, which has a very good reputation, many of the more "questionable" sites are selling the 22470749 product.

I lost a Fuji s602 in Germany last year, and have been hobbling along with a Canon A60, so I'm eager to find a replacement, and the movie and fast response time of the Z3 appear to be groundbreaking. Even though I already have CF microdrives, the s7000 seems to have too many problems and the s5500 doesn't appear to compete with the Z3 on features.

I keep waiting to see a review, but time is running out. I have a dog running in a field trial in mid September, and must have another camera by then.

Also, has anyone had experience with the 60X Kingmax 1GB SD card being sold by Newegg?:-)
alder is offline   Reply With Quote