Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 20, 2004, 6:12 AM   #1

Hi,

I have read more posts where is discution about Z3 is a good camera or it is not. I think it is a good one but you need to know how to use it.

Many have problems with too many yellow on the photos take with Z3.

I sugest in this topic to give a help to make better shots.

zoli223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2004, 7:30 AM   #2

Hi,

I need some advise, i have made some photos with my Z3 and i noticed in lower light the pictures are not realy sharp.

It is only by me or it is normal for Z3 ?
Old Aug 20, 2004, 8:15 AM   #3

lets go over a few things...... are you shooting in Auto or Manual? What ISO are you using? How small of an apperture? What shutter speed. Did the camera shake due to slow shutter speed? (The anti-shake can only do so much, it can't work miracles.)
AudioAltima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2004, 8:36 AM   #4

I have used ISO100, shutter 1/40, apperture 4,5, 12x Zoom and the photo is a little bit under exposed.
Old Aug 20, 2004, 9:25 AM   #5

well, it really depends on how much useable lighting you have. If you're using the full 12X, well, I guess 4.5 is the minimum apperture. (not sure, I have a Z2 not a Z3) ... but in that case, you may need a slower exposure. Always good to shoot the same shot 2-3 times.... try a 1/20, 1/10, etc. Until you learn the different lightings and the camera a little more. I'd say leave the white balance on auto, and also suggest not using ISO 200 or 400 (just my opinion from experience with the Z2) .... ISO 400 has ALOT of noticeable noise, I was a little dissapointed. ISO 200 wasnt so bad though, but not stellar.
AudioAltima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2004, 9:33 AM   #6

Tanks for advice, i will try to make more shots to learn.

Old Aug 20, 2004, 10:28 AM   #7

AudioAltima wrote:
Quote:
I'd say leave the white balance on auto, and also suggest not using ISO 200 or 400 (just my opinion from experience with the Z2) .... ISO 400 has ALOT of noticeable noise, I was a little dissapointed. ISO 200 wasnt so bad though, but not stellar.
I found that a program like NeatImage was great at removing the noise at the higher ISO levels. It totally saved some night time shots with my Z2 before it was stolen anyway. With a little work (not much really) shooting at ISO 400 gave results almost like I had shot it at ISO 50!

Check out NeatImage and Noise Ninja are programsto help eliminate noise from your digicams. Thanks to Stevs Forums I learned about these programs and now I am an avid user of both of them. Now I don't worry about noise introduced by the CCD in low light. What a difference this has made in my pics. Now I can worry more about actually getting the shot and right exposure and not about the noise!

-Tim
Wavshrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2004, 8:29 AM   #8

Wavshrdr im using noiseware and i think it works better and faster. Not forget noiseware is FREE.

I have seen some night shoots taken with Z3 and post processed.

I wanna say, you need to know how use your camera, befor you depreciate it. ) this was only for how say Dimage Z3 is not a good camera.

Zoltan