Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 25, 2004, 4:03 AM   #1

Hi everyone,

Can someone recommend me some SD card (512mb) which is compatible with Z3? This is because i hear that there are some incompatible. I'm willing to fork out more for a better and fast card. Is recording movie affect by the speed of the SD card?

TeamWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2004, 10:24 AM   #2

Hi,

I have a cheap MMC -card and the movies are ok.

Zoltan
zoli223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2004, 10:45 AM   #3

I got a Cheap 512 SD Card from EXTREMEfor 89 €

My 256 SD Card from SANDISK getting very hot (but no crash till now)

EXTREME ~ 6 MB/sec (5.5-7 with cardreader) and keeping cool (handwarm)
Sandisk ~ 5 MB/sec and getting hot (heating the also the cam)
Allanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2004, 1:49 PM   #4

So far I've had no issues with whatever SD card I put in it. I have used cheap and expensive, slow and fast. It doesn't seem to care what I've put in it. They all worked well.

One thing I do plan to do though. I am going to file off that little nubbin on the SD card door. I can still easily open it with my finger but less likely to get snagged and open unintentionally. I may also use some velcro to help keep it close. I'll try filing first and see if the magnetic catch keeps it close. I really don't want to lose a card. I did like the old position on my Z2 better.

All in all I like my Z3 much better than my Z2 and I liked it to begin with. Colors seem better saturated and a little more "pop" to the pictures. Zoom is much quiter and the camera seem all around more solid. AS lens does its job too.

Tim
Wavshrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2004, 2:18 PM   #5

You have a stuck pixel. Interesting how many CCD faults there are. From approx 10 new Z3 users 3 had a stuck pixel.

Sorry, I wanted this reply to go to the other thread.
James Bond 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2004, 3:32 PM   #6

Hi!

I have a 256 Sandisk Ultra II, perfect Speed, no temperature-problems.

Ernstl
macchina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2004, 11:43 PM   #7

James Bond 007 wrote:
Quote:
You have a stuck pixel. Interesting how many CCD faults there are. From approx 10 new Z3 users 3 had a stuck pixel.

Sorry, I wanted this reply to go to the other thread.
Yes, I noticed the pixel. I am seeing about getting a replacement. I don't know of any easy way of unsticking it. Anyone have any ideas? I found a good way for doing it on my LCD monitors but so far no luck on my digicams.

If anyone has any ideas in how to possibly unstick a stuck pixel I am open for suggestions.

Tim
Wavshrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2004, 4:31 AM   #8

I'm not sure where your from but in the UK you can get a MMC from Jessops which works with the Z3
RobT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2004, 1:01 AM   #9

I bought a 512 MB Sandisk Ultra II. Expect to pay between $100 - $125 for it.

So far, well worth it. Writes very fast, never experienced any unexpected delays yet. No heating to speak of, but time will tell.

Writing high-res movies at high FPS was extremely satisfying, although it's not something I tend to do a lot.

When it comes to a chip like that, you're going to pay in that "ballpark" anyway, so I always try to get a good brand and a fast chip. No sense in stinching on a few dollars and being sorry later.
DanielT2 is offline   Reply With Quote