Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 25, 2004, 7:44 PM   #1

Go to:

http://community.webshots.com/user/jerryleep

The Z2 does a great job in daylight for action shots. The UHS Progressive Capture Mode is perfect for this kind of work.

I just upgraded from the Z2 to the Z3. You get a bigger zoom lens and anti-shake for an extra $100. Plus the Z3 is all black, which looks classier IMHO.
Jerryclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2004, 11:16 PM   #2

Nice pictures, but some seem very over-exposed... were you shooting in 'Auto' ????

Also, don't forget to take off the 'www.' to see the pictures.
AudioAltima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2004, 10:33 AM   #3

Oops, thanks for the heads up on http://www. Fixed now.

Most shots on the website were captured on the Z2 as follows:

"S" Shutter priority mode, using fastest shutter speed light would allow (800 or 1000in sunlight) for stop action and thin depth of field; Drive mode: UHS progressive capture; Focus: single AF with center square selected as focus point; Metering: Multisegment; Sensitivity: Auto ISO; Color mode: naturalcolor

Basically, I would wait until the action was coming toward me (to catch player faces), then mash the shutter and let the Z2 clack away at 10fps (ILOVE that feature). Later, I would just pick the best shots and trash the rest. Works great as long as there is plenty of light.

A few were shot on single shot drive mode at 1600 X 1200 (UHS progressive fixes res at 1280 X 960). All images on the web page were shrunk to 800 X 600 for transmission.

On some images, I have been experimenting with spot metering to reduce the effects of bright background.

All of the website images were posted just as they came out of the camera (no crop or exposure tinkering). Which images in particular seemed overexposed to you? I would like to pull up the info on the originals and see if there was anything I might have set better. Thanks for your comments.
Jerryclick is offline   Reply With Quote