Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 31, 2004, 4:30 PM   #11

Those 3 clicks are the clock.

What camera did you make this video with?

You have some awful noise from the zoom. My Z3 makes virtually no noise during zoom.
DanielT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 4:55 PM   #12

It's been made with a Z3. Possibly faulty. But since it's not able to focus normally with continuous AF, and zooming doesn't work with single AF, I won't zoom too much anyway. :-)
James Bond 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 5:48 PM   #13

If it is defective (which it sounds like it is), you should get it replaced immediately.
DanielT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2004, 2:51 AM   #14

I'm happy that all other parts are working, I won't risk a replacement. Zooming in video is not too important to me. If you look at videos made by professionals, they are usually a series of still pictures and pannings. If I'll ever make a video clip, I'll probably remove the soundtrack anyway and replace it with music to eliminate wind noise and people talking.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 6:01 PM   #15

I've uploaded some night shots:
http://www.pbase.com/jamesbond007/z3test/night
Old Sep 2, 2004, 11:45 AM   #16

Interesting that in the building reflecting into the water, the lions look better in the reflections.

Anyway, thanks for the shots.

Bill
wmussatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2004, 9:51 PM   #17

I noticed the comment regarding crashing. I think Im having the same problem with my z3. I just picked it up a few days ago and occasionally I go to take a shot and the screen goes black and locks up on me. I hope I can get to the bottom of this problem soon , because I do like the Camera very much. Im also having a hard time figuring out how to format the card, So far I just delete 1 at a time :-) when I get some good shots Ill be sure to share with all of you.
vexedviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2004, 2:40 AM   #18

Formatting is in the Setup menu but I think it's only available when the mode switch is set to Playback.

Which crash do you mean? One of the crashes happens only in Progressive Capture mode, the other can be resolved by using a different type of battery (Energizer works fine for me). If you have other crashes, check your firmware version, maybe you need an upgrade. You can check it by looking into the EXIF data of a picture (look for the 'Software' field) or going into Setup mode on the camera, choosing the tab numbered one (the focus must be on the tab) and pressing the Macro button.
Old Sep 19, 2004, 10:27 AM   #19

Some great advice , thanks. I managed to figure out the formating problem. and I also found the version of firmware, its 1.01. Is this the latest version for the z3 ? Its nice to have access to someone that has allready done these things. Thanks again
vexedviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2004, 2:46 AM   #20

Currently 1.01 is available, but the cameras sold in Japan already have 1.02. So we can expect another upgrade soon.