Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 29, 2004, 9:56 AM   #1

http://www.pbase.com/jamesbond007/z3test
James Bond 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 29, 2004, 6:07 PM   #2

Some of the best Z3 shots that I've seen. If I'd seen these before, I don't think that I'd have worried about buying one.

Personally, I love the shot of the sunset from a moving car, it evokes a real feeling of movement - blur and sharpness at hte same time. The moon shot is rather impressive too.

I am a little concerned about the number of crashes you are experiencing - are you using a high-speed SD card?

Cheers, Clive
Clive Egginton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2004, 1:18 AM   #3

Just one comment about your review. The reason USB connections are so slow is it is USB 1.1 and not 2.0. USB 2.0 is about 40 times faster so if you have USB 2.0 on your computer get a 2.0 compatible card reader. That should help out. That is why your through put is so slow.

Any camera connected via USB 1.1 is going to be slow. Run immediately and buy a card reader IF you have USB 2.0 on your PC. It will save your hours of downlaod time over the next month.
Wavshrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2004, 3:06 AM   #4

Clive,

The card is a Kingston 512 MB. I have no idea if it's fast or not. I could record 2 minutes of 640x480 30fps fine video, so I think it can keep up.

Only the progressive capture crash remained after the fw upgrade, and that is not related to the card since the camera freezes way before starting to write to the card.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 7:22 AM   #5

:?Where did you get the new Z3 firmware? I thought there's still nothing on the web... Could you send a link please?
danda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2004, 9:43 AM   #6

Send Fredrik a mail [email protected] and he'll send it with instructions. He got it from Minolta.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 2:37 AM   #7

On some review i read, that the ultra II sd card solved "the error" problem
SodVina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 4:51 AM   #8

Yes, I have SanDisk Ultra II SD card and no errors yet (after one week of Z3 usage). But I investigated, that my Z3 has V1.01 firmware version, so its maybe because of the newer fw.
danda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 5:34 AM   #9

I need to correct myself. I still have crashes during downloading images (it can be my computer) and when battery is low. I seem to have a faulty batter however, it's voltage is much lower than the other three, so I'm not yet sure. I've marked the sets and will investigate further.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 5:53 AM   #10

I've put up a small video (650 K). It has been recompressed using the XVid codec (original size: 8300K), so it's not to measure quality, just to hear the sound of the zoom motor.

http://www.csucsposta.hu/jbnd007/PICT0391b.AVI

The video was made in a very quiet environment. I don't know what the three clicks are at the end, I made several tries and it was always there. I can't decide if it's the clock or something in the camera.