Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 30, 2004, 1:16 AM   #1

I am quite the amateur, and I'm coming from an old Fuji 1.3 mpxl.

Needless to say, I'm giddy with anticipation of trying out all the features this baby has to offer.

Did I mention it is a really cute camera? Light, small, easy to handle.

What I like so far:
  • Professional options available while still does a fair job at point-n-shoot. [/*]
  • Video recording - even the sound is pretty darn good [/*]
  • speed. you'll never go waiting [/*]
  • Options, options options, settings, settings, settings. A man could get lost in the clouds for days... It is quite yummy.
What I didn't care for right from the start:
[/*]
  • The lens cap dangles in my way all the time. I suppose I will have to get a longer cord to attach it to the side with. They were kind of cheap with this. [/*]
  • Quite the b_tch getting connected via USB. I have a self-built, perversely top-of-the-line computer system, and the camera kept getting a "system error" until about 20 retries. Then it finally stuck. I think it times out too fast before Windows can get the removable storage configured. NO documentation or help on this online. I will be getting a card reader anyway, it is just irritating.[/*]
As soon as I have some nice sample images I will post them up on my website. I look forward to some serious processing in Photoshop.
DanielT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 30, 2004, 3:03 AM   #2

>> The lens cap dangles in my way all the time. I suppose I will have to get a longer cord to attach it to the side with. They were kind of cheap with this.<<

I don't like this solution at all, the lens cap always gets in the way. So I simply put it in my pocket.
James Bond 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 12:18 AM   #3

To counter the issue with the lens cap. I just stuck Velcro on the cap and the bottom of my Z3. For anyone who doesn't know what Velcro is is it a type of double sided fabric tape that has hook and loop fasteners. It is easy to peel apart when you try but difficult to lose.

This solution also kept it from rattling and hitting the camera. You only need about a 1.5 cm x 1.5 cm piece to hold it in place.
Wavshrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 10:45 AM   #4

A very good idea. And the previous post as well.

I would also just keep it in my pocket, but I am concerned that it does not get lost. I will experiment with various solutions.

Additionally, the neck strap they included is tough and awkward. The material is very un-flexible (not in a rigidity sense, but it is not soft enough). The adjustment straps are also annoying. I will probably just replace it.
DanielT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 12:15 PM   #5

>> Additionally, the neck strap they included is tough and awkward. The material is very un-flexible (not in a rigidity sense, but it is not soft enough). The adjustment straps are also annoying. I will probably just replace it. <<

And it is ugly, too.
James Bond 007 is offline   Reply With Quote