Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Sep 2, 2004, 1:22 PM   #1

I hope everybody can read this poor english

Parts that makes me Upset:

the Z3 forgets all options i changed in AUTO-Mode every time i turn it of or change the Program.
So i need to change it again and again each time i turn on the cam.

First i change from Singleshot to Multishot, and second i turn of this stupid "AUTO DMP"

Why?

I dont want to see the Pics i have taken, i want further watch the action with the EVF. So Replay was turned off in Cam settings but in singleshot you allmost allways get a Replay because i was a bit too long with my finger on the button...
This can only be avoidet with Multishot.

Now "AUTO DMP" does anybody find this useful?
Why somebody wants a Programm-Randomizer?
Very often it uses the Fast Action Focus wich isnt as good as the Standart Autofocus.
If i wanted such programs i had used it.
So KM say this Cam ist so fast, you wont miss anything, but i do because of this crap

Wishlist:
I want a useable Manual Focus with more than Distances 0.1 0.2 ... 1, 2, * infinite
In lowlight situations, you cannot see when the pic is getting sharper, but you are able to see its like 5 metre away. But now you cannot manual focus on 5 m because you only see infinite and 2 m (scale up - Down)

I want a break when the optical zoom ends and the digital come into play like im used to with the A70.
Now we have a too short break, so you always get 11.x oder 12*1.2 or something like that and we need to try and error till 12x.
The best would be a stop between so you must zoom again for digital.

Im sure i have forgotten some things here
Please add your successions (and frustrations)
Allanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 2, 2004, 4:23 PM   #2

Hi!

My suggestions for a better firmware:
- ISO-Setting for AUTO-Mode (i.e. in setup-menu):
In AUTO-Mode the cam uses often ISO 200 -> noise

- Break between optical and digital zoom (i.e. setting in setup)

- Display optical zomm-ratio or focal length

Another question:
Does anybody know the hyperfocaldistance of the z3?
macchina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2004, 4:08 AM   #3

I wish that more than one functions could be programmed on the custom button. First press cycles the function, OK selects it, then everything goes as it's now.
James Bond 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2004, 4:58 PM   #4

Allanon wrote:
Quote:
the Z3 forgets all options i changed in AUTO-Mode every time i turn it of or change the Program.
So i need to change it again and again each time i turn on the cam.
Hence the name "AUTO MODE" - in other words, it will always revert to AUTO settings when you turn it on. If I'm not mistaken, the other modes will retain your settings. I think having the auto mode always revert is a wise decision on their part.
DanielT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2004, 4:59 PM   #5

macchina wrote:
Quote:

I agree. It is a pain that you zap straight into digital zoom if you have it on.

Additionally, the zoom is a bit too fast. I often have trouble adjusting the zoom by very small amount.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 5:01 PM   #6

James Bond 007 wrote:
Quote:
I wish that more than one functions could be programmed on the custom button. First press cycles the function, OK selects it, then everything goes as it's now.
Yes, it would even be sufficient to have on the main menu, a "favorites" setting. Do any cameras have a favorites list where you can name & store presets that you like?

How difficult could that possibly be to implement?
Old Sep 4, 2004, 12:36 AM   #7

macchina wrote:
Quote:
Why do you even have digital zoom on? I don't understand people that use digital zoom as you're losing information when you use it. I'd rather use the max optical zoom then crop if I need to which usually gives you better results.
jhuynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2004, 4:04 AM   #8

I'm aware of several cameras where custom settings can be saved. Canon S1 IS, Olympus 765/770 (4 sets), Minolta A2?

It wouldn't be difficult to implement. But they won't do it. Most companies rather issue a new model than modify firmware (except bugs). More money in it. You bought their camera, they've no interest in you from now. Sad.
James Bond 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2004, 5:30 AM   #9

jhuynh wrote:
Quote:
macchina wrote:
Quote:
Why do you even have digital zoom on? I don't understand people that use digital zoom as you're losing information when you use it. I'd rather use the max optical zoom then crop if I need to which usually gives you better results.
I've tested it: 1 foto with 12x optical, 1 foto with digital zoom (48x).
If you crop the first picture and resize it to the same size, the picture from the cam (dig.zoom) is better then the crop.

With my old cam (Powershot S10) the crop was better.
macchina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2004, 1:06 AM   #10

James Bond 007 wrote:
Quote:
I'm aware of several cameras where custom settings can be saved. Canon S1 IS, Olympus 765/770 (4 sets), Minolta A2?

It wouldn't be difficult to implement. But they won't do it. Most companies rather issue a new model than modify firmware (except bugs). More money in it. You bought their camera, they've no interest in you from now. Sad.
it's funny you mention this, cause the Z2 saves all options...

Also as for the Digital Zoom, well I dont know about the Z3, but on the Z2 I can turn it off completly!
AudioAltima is offline   Reply With Quote