Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Sep 13, 2004, 9:50 PM   #1

class=H2I have a A1 that is a few months old. When taking photots in any bright light . that being reflected light or light from behind I get pink vertical lines in the viewfinder and on the LCD. If the light is reflected sun light the viwefinder will turn completly pink BUT not on any photos

Has anyone had this problem? if so what is causing of it or is it a fault with the camera?:sad:

Thanks
rwron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2004, 11:34 PM   #2

Yes, this is very common. It stems from over running the dynamic range of the EVF.
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2004, 5:57 PM   #3

Thanks,

Can this problem be fixed by me or is it a repair job?

Old Sep 14, 2004, 11:54 PM   #4

It is not something that calls for repair of the camera.

Avoid aiming the camera directly into the sun or other bright light sources. If you do encounter strong specular reflection off of some object (eg., chrome bumper), try to comose your shot to avoid the direct reflection. If you cant avoid shooting directily into the source of reflection or bright light, select a three shot bracket of exposure values to make give yourself a chance to get a proper exposure for your shot and ignore the EVF artifacts, cuz if the metering system indicates that the shot is within the acceptable exposure range, the CCD will capture the shot without showing the pink/purple lines that appear in the EVF.
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2004, 12:23 AM   #5

A polarizing filter will also help. I always use one in any kind of bright sunlight.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 6:03 PM   #6

In respect to both replys I have done both siutations I have had two cameras. the first, two days before the problem started. the other I was on holidays in the US. and the problem started a week later.

The camera has gone back to Minolta and I have a lone camera to use for the term break so I will put it through its paces.

I have also spoken to Minolta they replied with we have not had this problem before. I see throughthe Forum the problem is wide ranging.

Thanks for your help