Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Oct 7, 2002, 10:01 AM   #1

Default DiMAGE 7Hi vs DiMAGE 7

This information may be helpful for those who is considering to buy the new Milnotal 7Hi. I was impress with the pro-features such as 100% viewfinder coverage on both EVF and LCD screen, manual zoom and TTL flash...

Case Color

The silver texture of the DiMAGE 7 and DiMAGE 7i is changed to a black leather-tone coating, projecting an image of refined class and high performance to appeal to the prosumer

Grip
The DiMAGE 7Hi grip design has been refinished with a rubber surface with a leather grain pattern that is easier to hold and finely textured.

Mode and Function Dials
Metal touches added to enhance texture.

Focus Ring
Accented with dark gray metallic touches.

Terminal Cover
The terminal cover strikes a balance between fine finish and visibility, with a black shade that complements the case color and stamped silver lettering.

Other Operating Parts
The black metallic coating of other operating parts matches the case color and enhances the overall appearance.

Extra Fine Mode
The Extra Fine mode creates JPEG files with a compression ratio of 1/2.5. A different compression method is used which not only reduces the compression ratio, but also enhances image quality with nearly lossless JPEG imaging.

Synchro Terminal
Because many prosumers are now inclined to use a large general-purpose external flash, the DiMAGE 7Hi has a built-in Synchro terminal on the side of the body.

Extended Maximum Shutter Release Interval
The maximum shutter release interval in P and A modes has been increased from 4 to 15 seconds, expanding the range of situations where the camera can be used. The effect of CCD noise during extended shutter release has been reduced by special tuning.

High Speed Continuous Advance
The continuous advance capacity of the DiMAGE 7, which allowed approximately 1.1 fps, was nearly doubled by improvements brought out in the DiMAGE 7i. Now the DiMAGE 7Hi adds High Speed Continuous Advance Mode for even faster continuous advance. This mode allows continuous advance at up to 3 fps (in order to accommodate the higher speed, the LCD and electronic viewfinder no longer display the images shot in High Speed Continuous advance).

All Playback Functions Enabled in QV Mode
The Quick View function allows the previously shot frame to be instantly reviewed from Record mode. The QV mode in the DiMAGE 7 permitted single-frame playback, histogram display, or frame-by-frame advance. In the DiMAGE 7i, most playback functions were operable in the QV mode, but some features including the index display were not operable. In the DiMAGE 7Hi, all playback functions are enabled in QV mode.

Number of frames captured in High Speed Continuous Advance

3 fps at 2560x1920 full resolution

3 frames in Super Fine

5 frames in RAW

7 frames in Extra Fine

10 frames in Fine
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2002, 10:05 AM   #2
NHL

Sounds like you're not that brand loyal after all... Welcome to the Minolta camp!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2002, 10:22 AM   #3

i find it amazing the big deal everyone has made over that idiotic grip issue. you would think that it was the most important part of the camera. it works just fine. it never slipped out of my hands. caused no rashes or boils and the camera still takes good images.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2002, 1:10 PM   #4
NHL

Quote:
In the DiMAGE 7i, most playback functions were operable in the QV mode, but some features including the index display were not operable. In the DiMAGE 7Hi, all playback functions are enabled in QV mode...
The index is available in the QV mode even in the D7 after the upgrade!

BTW have you try the WYSIWYG feature of the camera on manual yet? ... QV is really redundant then except for slow shutter speed where camera shake would be factor.
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote