Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 28, 2005, 1:31 PM   #91

lepa71 wrote:
Quote:
Can somebody send me this firmware please.

email [email protected]

Thanks
You have this firmware at the first page of this post, first post.

Byez
Abadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 2:23 PM   #92

I believe you have to convert files in Nikon viewer (?). There is a link at the beginning of this post session.
wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 9:09 AM   #93

Have anybody tried this software http://cpicture.de/en/

I think it's somehow based on dcraw (http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/), which can open (at least in Linux) Z2 raw images without conversion to NEF.
loinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 2:02 PM   #94

Hi

I bought a Z2 a couple of weeks ago, knowing about the RAW firmware and being interested in this. When I got the camera I updated the firmware and started to play with the RAW.

At the same time I was writing all I was learning in my web, for those who could find it helpful. At this moment the page it's only in SPANISH (yeah, I'm a spaniard :G), but I want to translate it into english as soon as possible.

The URL is http://usuarios.lycos.es/mato34/foto...raw/raw_z2.htm

In "Procedimientos" I talk about the way to manage the files and the programs I've tried. In "Ejemplos" there are some comparisons between images RAW and JPG. Of course ther might be some errors or nonsense, since I'm still learning about it and my level is only "beginer".

I hope that, even in english, some people might find the info useful as I found this theme in the forum, which help me a lot. Thanks to all.

SORRY about my REAL poor english.

See you.
Mato34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 7:14 AM   #95

Hy. I hava a Minolta Z2 with firmware 1.03, and when i'm triyng to install the hacked firmware, it doesn't prompt me to install it. What can i do ? I tried even to put firmware 1.02 from Minolta, because i thought 103 it's to new. So what can i do ?
Bimm3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 3:13 PM   #96

Hi,
maybe it's been too much time since the hacked firmware release, but I'm now working on a DNG converter for Z2's RAW data.
I hope DNG is going to succeed as an open standard, and so I'm moving to it, rather than creating fake NEFs.
It has some advantages: Adobe Camera Raw loads them without the need to add 6mb of zeros (those who used raw2nef with the -c switch know what I am talking about), you don't have to use Nikon Capture at all, and dcraw based software will also open them when I write a new version. The EXIF information is kept as well, in the same file.
As drawbacks, it is still in a very early stage: it doesn't insert proper thumbnails and can't create compressed DNGs (windows and mac users can reconvert my DNGs with Adobe DNG Converter so they get compressed, thumbnailed and ready to load in dcraw based software). It also can only deal with the files as they come from the SD card, editing the associated jpgs will make them unreadable for my software.
I uploaded the C sources (they suck) and win32 binaries to
http://perso.wanadoo.es/dafnisfs/z2.htm
I hope this helps someone, I think this migration is gonna work fine for me.
defna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 4:47 PM   #97

HI! Today I installed hacked firmware and I cannot make NEF from minolta RAW when i took photo with ISO 50! Why? can anyone help me? Thank's
Lookashek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 6:59 AM   #98

Hi Lookashek

Tell something more about that. What do you do after you have the RAW file PICTxxxx.JPG from the Z2 on your computer? What about the options in the raw2nef tool?

Old May 1, 2005, 7:46 AM   #99

I took photo froma camera -> I have one RAW file and one JPEG file. then i copied it to PC -> then with RAW2NEF with options Minolta Z2. From RAW file is NEF, but this isnn't normal picture, but yellow noise, nothing else...
But when I take photo with ISO 100 everything is OK...
Lookashek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 1:26 PM   #100

Definitely I don't know what is going there.

I can only suspect that is the case of a low light image, that in ISO 50 needs an exposition time (sorry about my english...) enough to activate noise reduction, and with ISO 100 time is lower and don't uses activate nr. In that case remember that noise reduction (as bracketing and burst mode) makes RAW images completely useless. In http://usuarios.lycos.es/mato34foto/...ICT0138Raw.JPG you can see a image of that type, perhaps it looks like yours.

I can't imagine of something else. Quite strange that only changing ISO RAW files are corrupted...

Bye.