Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 7, 2004, 4:32 PM   #31

hi, that's plausible. to be honest i do not have noticed that, but probably i do not have shot anough photos (i'd say about 100 -no flash- and battery level indicator is still full)
iacopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2004, 10:40 AM   #32

BigFoot wrote:
Quote:
Adobe Photoshop 7.0 eats Z2 NEF-files very good.

Nice correction of white balance and exposure.
:?: I just did the firware upgrade and everything is fine. I have Photoshop 7. How do you open up the NEF files with it??

Be Cooolll

Eric
voivod84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2004, 10:47 AM   #33

Can anybody tell me how to do the firmware upgrade....? :?:?:?
vilcans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 8:10 AM   #34

:O Ok I figured out how to get the pictures converted and opened up. Kind of a pain I think. Now I have another question/ Why is there a black border around my RAW picture when I open it?

Be Cooooolllll

Eric
voivod84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 3:58 PM   #35

That's simply because you converted into Coolpix 8700 raw format which is 3264x2448 pixels wide while our poor Z2 is only 2272x1704 pixels wide.

You probably checked the 8700 compatibility checkbox in the raw2nef setup program. That's OK because this is the only way to import into Adobe Camera Raw, but then you'll have to crop those extra pixels.
iacopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2004, 3:28 PM   #36

vilcans,

Just follow the normal upgrade procedure.The instructions for the official V1.02 firmware update are here (the procedure is the same for theRAW hack):

http://kmpi.konicaminolta.us/eprise/...allation_Guide

Good luck!
lclarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2004, 1:37 PM   #37

thank you,Iclarsen !!!
vilcans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2004, 4:17 AM   #38

I see that no one knows if there is the same Hack for Minolta Z3? Can I put Z2 Raw Hack in Z3 or I´ll crash it? Well I hope that Z3 users would have the choice of making raw photos :evil:

Byez
Abadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 2:49 PM   #39

Ok just updated my Z2 to the raw hack and works wonderful. The detail is insane! I also used the raw photos with Photoshop Elements 3.0. In order to do so I had to install raw2nef with the Z2 Camera selected with Verbose and Full E5700/E8700 Compatibility checked or the files where un readable by Elements 3.

Impressions: This is the first time I have used raw images and found that it takes a good amount of tweaking to get it right. Installation of the firmware upgrade is simple just follow konicas suggested method here:

http://kmpi.konicaminolta.us/eprise/...on_Guide<br />

The conversion of photos works the following way:
1)Set Camera to Eco+RAW
2)Shoot pictures as desired
3)Copy photos to your computer
4)Run the raw2nef setup (unless you already have done so) with the settings suggested above.
5)Right click on your raw file and select RAw to NEF
6)Now open your NEF file in your favorite editor. Photo 7)Shop elements 3 works great for me and has pretty decent raw support.

Files output to 5-6mb in RAW and up to 11-12mb when converted to NEF
I also used the Noiseware Community Edition software and found that worked very very well for cleaning up noise.
For those who care, you can reflash back to any firmware upgrade that you wish after doing this. No negative side effects yet that I can see. While you do lose your econ mode I hope none of you use it anyway!
Hope that helps others take the leap.
-Antio
antio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 12:26 PM   #40

antio wrote:
Quote:
For those who care, you can reflash back to any firmware upgrade that you wish after doing this. No negative side effects yet that I can see. While you do lose your econ mode I hope none of you use it anyway!
Hope that helps others take the leap.
-Antio
What version of the firmware did you finish up showing after the hack? Do all the other options remain (Fine, etc) with no degradation of any kind?
wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote