Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 4, 2005, 5:29 PM   #61

Any clue if this could work for the z1?
Michael R. Habel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 6:28 PM   #62

HY. I have a Z2 with firmware version 1.03. I downloaded the hacked firmware that has been posted on the first page. I followed the instructions, but i coulden't update the firmware. I placed the file firmware.bin on the root of the card, started the camera in play mode and it says "no imges" - WHAT SHOULD I DO? Thx. :O
Bimm3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 8:35 PM   #63

Bimm3r wrote:
Quote:
...I placed the file firmware.bin on the root of the card, started the camera in play mode and it says "no imges" - WHAT SHOULD I DO? Thx. :O
Create a folder named firmware in the root directory of your card, place another copy of FIRMWARE.BIN inside firmware folder. Retry... should work.
joxenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:45 PM   #64

Does anyone know if there are other Z2 hacks out there? Like for faster shutter speeds or anything other then RAW? Thanks
Flame
Minolta_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 5:46 AM   #65

Minolta_nut wrote:
Quote:
[...]
If you would like a picture of something a little more interesting then a wall I will be happy to post one of those too. Just thought the wall showed the noise levels best.

Yes please. I'd like to see the difference between a raw photo and a Fine mode jpeg.
Riot Act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 11:52 AM   #66

joxenberg wrote:
Quote:
Bimm3r wrote:
Quote:
...I placed the file firmware.bin on the root of the card, started the camera in play mode and it says "no imges" - WHAT SHOULD I DO? Thx. :O
Create a folder named firmware in the root directory of your card, place another copy of FIRMWARE.BIN inside firmware folder. Retry... should work.
I tried even that. Still not working i don't know what to do anymore
Bimm3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:23 PM   #67
Administrator

Make sure you didn't misspell the name of the folder (firmware) you create in the root directory of the card. Make sure firmware.binis copied to the folder you created named firmware on your Secure Digital Card.

If in doubt, here's a firmware installation guide that shows the procedure (which will work the same with the hacked version, as it does for the official firmware).

Konica-Minolta Firmware Installation Guide for Z2

Install hacked firmware at your own risk, as it is not supported by Konica-Minolta, and may invalidate your warranty. There is always a risk of something going wrong when performing a firmware update, too (factory or otherwise).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 3:29 PM   #68

Riot Act wrote:
Quote:
Minolta_nut wrote:
Quote:
[...]
If you would like a picture of something a little more interesting then a wall I will be happy to post one of those too. Just thought the wall showed the noise levels best.

Yes please. I'd like to see the difference between a raw photo and a Fine mode jpeg.
I would be happy to post some more pics. Do you want them at ISO 400? Or would you like them taken at a different ISO? I will post them as soon as I can.
Flame
Old Jan 5, 2005, 5:05 PM   #69

A ISO 50-100 picture would be great.
Riot Act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 8:13 PM   #70

Ok here are 2 pics. One is RAW and the other is JPEG FINE. Both were shot of the same subject and at ISO 100. The first is the RAW and the second is the JPEG. You can't really see the noise to well on either of them but you can a little. Hope this is what you wanted Riot Act.
Flame
Attached Images