Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 5, 2005, 8:15 PM   #71

OOPS guess it would help if I attached the JPEG pic :lol: Well here it is.
Flame
Attached Images

Minolta_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 8:39 PM   #72

Here is a zoomed version of the pictures it is easier to see the noise this way.
Flame
Attached Images

Old Jan 6, 2005, 12:50 AM   #73

Er, one is from the Z2 and the other is from a Nikon E8700. :?

Not to mention that they're both jpegs. :?

I was thinking of a full size Fine mode jpeg and full size raw file from the Z2 so I could see the differences between them, especially the compression effects. Of course you would need to use an external file storage site... http://www.yousendit.com is a good one. Unless, of course, you're on dial-up. :G
Riot Act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 1:15 AM   #74

They are actually both from the Z2 seeing that I do not own a Nikon E8700... And for posting purposes I converted the RAW into a JPEG so I could resize and compress it. So you would like me to send you the uncompressed and not resized version of both? And would you like the RAW already in TIFF form or like it is straight off the camera? Also to send you those I will need your e-mail address if you don't mind... and no don't worry I'm not on dial up! :G
Flame
Old Jan 6, 2005, 2:44 AM   #75

I think that it calling the Z2 a Nikon 8700 could be pointed to the fact that it was a .NEF file. Darn Nikon format:lol:
Max
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 4:54 AM   #76

KM_krazy wrote:
Quote:
I think that it calling the Z2 a Nikon 8700 could be pointed to the fact that it was a .NEF file. Darn Nikon format:lol:
Max
Doh! :roll:

Flame, you don't need my email addy. Just enter anything in the email box at http://www.yousendit.com/and copy the link it shows after you upload the files.Post the links here so others can grab them too. You might want to zip/rar the RAW file too... it should compress 20-30%.
Riot Act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 12:22 PM   #77

Hey M-nut,

This ain't bad considering the ISO level - I am finding noise quite a problem in the lower ratings, or maybe it is just me being picky. I tend to stay at ISO 50 for that reason. I also stick with "hard" sharpening, which seems to be a benefit with this camera. I was also using vivid colour, but just ran some tests and couldn't see a whole lot of difference, so I have switched back to natural.

Thanks for the update on the version number - my camera is brand new as of December, so it shipped with 1.03. I really wish KM would publish some sort of list showing which features they fix with each relaese. Furthermore, why can't they put out a RAW version themselves, since so many users seem to find it desirable? It would surely do wonders for their sales if neophytes could see from the start that it had such a "high end" capability. Go figure!

Look forward to more samples of your work - looks like you are really into this camera!
wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 12:53 PM   #78

Hey thanks that's a good idea. I will zip the files and get you a link as soon as I upload it. Some how the original pictures I took got deleted off my computer... so I will need to get another set. Shouldn't take too long though.
Flame
Old Jan 6, 2005, 1:13 PM   #79

Minolta_nut wrote:
Quote:
Hey thanks that's a good idea. I will zip the files and get you a link as soon as I upload it. Some how the original pictures I took got deleted off my computer... so I will need to get another set. Shouldn't take too long though.
Flame
:shock:
DELETED
shame shame shame
:lol:
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 10:42 PM   #80

Here is the link to get to the Z2 pictures. http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...836ZKXP1UID4WD their zipped and both in the same folder. Both ISO 100. The one in TIFF format is the RAW and the other is the JPEG FINE.
Flame