Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Oct 13, 2002, 3:38 PM   #1

Default Max resolution for print-outs with D7

What do YOU think the max "excellent result" picture size is for printing out from the D7?

When I got the camera I assumed it was 11 x 14 @ 5.2 megapixels, raw. Recently, however, I managed to print out an excellent 16 x 20--pretty impressive, and that satisfies ALL my needs. Your experience, comments, predictions? It was a variation of this shot: http://marksquires.com/images/PICT0020_boatparty.jpg
monsieurms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2002, 6:33 PM   #2

Ditto. I have made some very nice 16x20's from JPG's.

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2002, 6:48 PM   #3
NHL

Default OK, so what printer do you guys all used for the 16x20?

My 1270 is about to retire... A Canon or another Epson? I kind of like the separate cartridges over the tiny Epson's ones and it sounds like the Canon is a little faster as well.
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2002, 7:05 PM   #4

Default Re: OK, so what printer do you guys all used for the 16x20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL
My 1270 is about to retire... A Canon or another Epson? I kind of like the separate cartridges over the tiny Epson's ones and it sounds like the Canon is a little faster as well.

Well, I bought a Minolta QMS Magicolor---color laser. It's not as good as a photo printer. If that's your primary use, probably not a good choice, but gosh, color laser under $1000! Ofoto, etc, do such a great job for what little I need to print out, that I can't worry too much when I get occasional hi res stuff. It's otherwise very versatile....
monsieurms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2002, 7:06 PM   #5

you need to be a little more accurate with your coordinates there NHL.

mine at least put you in my office if you have WAAS
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2002, 7:47 PM   #6
NHL

sjms

Well according to my car GPS, Newark is latitude 40.42, longitude 74.09 in degree, and Washington DC is latitude 38.57, longitude, 77.02 degree, and I'm closer to DC! My system is NMEA 2.0 compliant. I don't have WAAS... What's that? (I guess one is less accurate with a commercial system)

... No wonder we're on a collision course :lol: :lol: :lol:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2002, 12:39 AM   #7

WAAS- Wide Area Augmentation System

http://gps.faa.gov/Programs/WAAS/waas.htm

http://www.gpsinformation.net/exe/waas.html

if you have a unit that is WAAS enabled and your in a WAAS supported area, like we are, the accuracy goes to 5m or less.

LAAS- Local Area Augmentation System
I was involved in maintaining and upgrading a LAAS station at EWR for an experimental GPS based landing system to replace the ILS currently being used. a Honeywell/Pelorus Navigation team effort. put a MD-80 on the ground at EWR within a 3ft target on the runway. the pilot refered to the landing as riding on a rail to the ground.

coming to a airport near you in about 7-10 years. our fleet has MMRs(mulitmode receivers) for multi landing systems just waiting for it to arrive.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote