Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Oct 17, 2002, 2:15 AM   #1

Default I solved my battery issues. 2100mHa batteries.

I just charged and installed my new set of 2100mha AA batteries. With my Dimage 5 I took 475 pictures of my bedroom and still had juice left. I set it on the multi shot mode for quick back to back pictures. I took them at one-second intervals until the buffer was full, about 12 pictures, before I had to pause to clear the camera buffer. All at full resolution with FLASH for every single one of the 475 pictures. The camera was fairly warm and the CF card was really warm. I used all the auto setting for color, wb, iso, etc and auto focus. The display was probably on for only 30 minutes continuously because I was taking the pictures as fast as I could. I think the 2100s are keepers unless my testing is flawed. I know outdoor shots are typically more battery intensive and the LCD suck a lot of juice also. I only stopped to format the card after it was full, 5 times. It held/shot 95 pictures per 128mb card before I formatted it to keep the count going. Now I'm not saying your camera will do the same. I've seen some people get 200 shots on an 1800 and others say 100, who knows.
serpa4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2002, 9:16 AM   #2

Where did you find 2100 mAh batteries, I'm assuming NiMH? Largest I have seen is 2000mAh.

Don't mean to nit pick, but it should be mAh, not mHa - stands for milliAmp hours :-).

With my D7, I get an average of about 90 shots using 1800mAh NiMH batteries. No flash, no LCD.

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2002, 10:44 PM   #3

http://www.onlybatteries.com/showite...temID=10577.14
http://www.onlybatteries.com/showite...ItemID=11119.1

This is where I got the 2100mAh :-) and charger. I like the charger a lot. Its quick and discharges also, if you find a reason to. It also goes to trickel mode automatically. Their shipping takes a while. After reading a post about someone who did battery comparisons, it stated thet the batt charger is very important. Some only put a little over 1/2 the capacity in the battery.
serpa4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2002, 8:54 AM   #4

Thanks for the links. I confess that's the first I've heard about 2100mAh NiMH's. I'll have to get some and check them out.
I agree about the charger. The new MAHA charger looks interesting also.

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote