Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 5, 2004, 11:21 AM   #11

Thanks for all the photos. I think I will go the Fuji S7000 route. The Z3 just does not have the sharpness of the Fuji from the samples I have seen. That is the reason I took back the Canon A75. Thanks again.

Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2004, 1:19 PM   #12

Goofas wrote:
Quote:
Thanks. They look pretty good. If you could send me the gaot picture to my email [email protected] that would be great.
I've triedsending them to you.. but the files are too big and keep getting rejected by your email..
tacoboost02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2004, 12:28 AM   #13

I have the opposite reaction than Goofas. These photos make me want my new Z3 yesterday. I thank all of you for the links. Excellent photography.
MacLoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2004, 9:02 AM   #14

thanks folks for posting these photos! I very intertested to see nightshots of z3, does anyone could post some here or mail them to me?
Thanks in advance!

PS could anyone post some feedback about noise in pictures taken with Z3? as I've found that most reviews told about high noise on all images.
sensovision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2004, 4:00 AM   #15

Yes, noise is a bit of a problem in dark picture area's. I find it especially disturbing when using flash, where further off, underexposed areas are quite noisy. Sticking to ISO 50 is a good thing. I must say that I can live with the noise . Neatimage does a good job of removing it too in those image that I want to print/show big. Seen on screen or normal photo size the noise is a non issue. Wait till summer and you wont see any more noise in your well lit short shutter time pics.

Check out some examples in my low light gallery made espcially for this purpose at:
http://melena.homeip.net/z3pics/Z3noise
freubelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2004, 8:02 PM   #16

hi freubelaar, it takes me two days to download photos(I've review not only night folder but the rest of photos as well, you have some awesome shots there IMHO) on my modem connection but I've finally did this, and thanks to photos in your gallery now I'm didn't afraid of Z3 noise as before, indeed it's two times more than on my F200 although it's acceptable for me. It has a bit more abberation than F200 as well but this is something I could live with, guess that all long Zoom cameras had some problems with abberation.
BTW can you please tell me what firmware is on your camera, as some pictures taken in with auto exposure setting(I've check EXIF data) seems to be overexposed a bit, and from what I know Z3 had this problem which was later fixed with firmware 1.02. If possible let me know about this.
Thanks once again for posting link to your album!
Old Nov 30, 2004, 3:57 PM   #17

All shots except perhaps one or two are made with Firmware 1.0.2. I took most pictures in P mode and sometimes adjust EV to my need. In general however I find very little problems with exposure/metering. It really seems to have improved with the firmware update, but I have shot only a few pics with the old one. BTW, You can see firmware version inside the exif date. It comes right after camera name and type.
freubelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2004, 9:00 AM   #18

thanks for update, can you also tell is there a lot of problems with focusing in low light and you have to use manual focus?
As for version, I've check EXIF data once again and after company name and model of camera I've found only Max Aperture and Version of EXIF but not firmware data, not sure why I couldn't see it:-\
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:55 AM   #19

Well; after hours of review i decided to go with the Z3. It is on the truck for delivery now. i will post some pics and my review once it arrives.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2004, 12:06 PM   #20

Goofas wrote:
Quote:
Well; after hours of review i decided to go with the Z3. It is on the truck for delivery now. i will post some pics and my review once it arrives.
since I have no 500 bucks(this is how much camera costs here) in the pocket I have to wait till Januray and have more time to decide whenever Z3 fully correspond my needs, maybe Minolta would produce Z4(with more megapixels and less nosie )till that time As for now I'm looking forward to see your photos as well, especially for landscape and nightphotos if possible