Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jun 18, 2002, 7:03 PM   #1

Default D7i for $700.00

Just priced a D7i US model from Broadway Photo. Anyone have experience with these folks? Went to BBB and their complaints were on logistics, not products.

Any help?

Stan
Stan in Ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 18, 2002, 8:27 PM   #2
NHL

I can almost bet that you can't put an order on-line directly:
... A saleperson will call you back for an extra blanket warranty (since the camera they sold don't have one)...
... They'll also sell you the NiMh AA's that is supposed to be included in the retail box...
... Oh yea, and that super lens attachment or filter that can make marvelous shots out of you!
... and how about the overpriced flash (16M is sure not enough).

If you say 'NO' to all the above then their camera is out of stock! (Otherwise you'll pay more than a reputable dealer...) Also make sure it's a 'u' for US firmware or with the next firmware release you'll be out of luck!

[Edited on 6-19-2002 by NHL]
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2002, 8:59 PM   #3

Default NHL you were right

I called to place an order and the first thing he asked for was a memory upgrade told him "NO", he put me on 'hold' came back on the line and told me they were out and would have some more in 2 weeks.

So, who can you trust and be dealt with fairly?

Stan
Stan in Ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2002, 9:51 PM   #4

Default Ordering D7i

Stan - You can order a D7i from Amazon. It isn't $700, but their price is better than most other places I checked - and at least you know they are reputable. Jane D.

[Edited on 6-19-2002 by janeasc]
janeasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2002, 11:12 PM   #5
NHL

You can start from Buydig.com, that's where several of us got our D7 last year...(and believe it or not for $698 when retail was $1299)
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2002, 12:24 AM   #6

I just ordered mine from Ritz for 888.02. I called and told them that I had read in the DPReview forum that they were pricematching at that price and asked if they would sell me one at that price and they did. They have the camera in stock and shipping is also free.

Also, Normancamera.com has the D7i for $895. I hear they are pretty good to deal with. I really doubt you will find an honest place below $850, so far $888 is the best I have heard of that had the camera in stock.

Good luck.
Ed
eshropshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2002, 9:38 AM   #7

7i at that price is for sure a imported model, that is no us warranty or instruction in English. Try priceScan.com for more store, they have store selling us model and imported model.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2002, 2:29 PM   #8

Buydig.com doesn't have a solid gold reputation but I got my D7 for $677 delivered on time and a complete, US warrantied model as promised. It took a long time to get my remote shutter release cable but that's small potatoes. They offered to sell overpriced add ons but didn't push and gave me no grief.
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2002, 10:06 PM   #9

3 of us at work order camerras and comcorder from buydig over the past 3 years and all 3 of us got them at theposted prices. they will try to sell extras, as any good salesman will do. Also will bend the truth on when it will ship, but what's the hurry anyhow?
Erics is offline   Reply With Quote