Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Oct 26, 2002, 9:46 PM   #1

Default Questions about my new Hi

Today...finally...after weeks of research... I became the proud owner of the D7Hi (got a great deal including the 5600HS). And although, I havent really had the chance to take a lot shots, what they say it true: "IT IS A PIG ON BATTERY CONSUMPTION!" In just a short while, I've gone through a complete set of 4 Ni MH 1850s and a set of 4 Ni Mh 2000s. And I'll I've done is take a few test shots and fiddled around with the menus and controls. Is this normal? Does this happen to you too? Are there any other type of Ni MH batteries that last longer?

SteveZ
Steve Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 26, 2002, 10:14 PM   #2

if you just charged the batts one time out of the box your going to notice the batts dried up fast. nimh batts need to learn to charge and discharge the first few times. you will average about 120 shots or better when you turn off the wonderful 1.8 inch monitor (and use the evf only)and that rather cute but positively annoying sound effects. reviewing every single shot you made today also had a slight detrimental effect on the energy supply too. erasing images alot can do it too. it s a great toy in the beginning then after awhile it will turn into a usefull tool.

oh your gonna burn a lot of batts up learning and playing. an average 3 sets seem to be a good number for a day of fun shoots. remember that nimh batts loose 15-20% of their charge over the first 24hrs of the charger incremental after that.

addendum the use of the little built in strobe alot will also shorten battery life too.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2002, 10:34 PM   #3

Thanks, sjms. I sure hope you're right about these batteries.
Two more questions:

1)How many times do I have to charge these dang batteries before they reach their full potential?

2) Also, how do I turn off these "annoying sfx"?
Steve Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2002, 8:49 AM   #4

1- about 3 to 5 times complete. now if your using the charger that came with the camera may i suggest the Maha MH-204F a substantially better unit for charging the batts more completely. or if you wis the new c401fs 100 min cool charger.

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/maha-mh-c204f.htm
http://www.thomas-distributing.com/mhc401fs.htm

2- turn on/off knod to setup
basic menu jog down using 4 way knob to:
audio signals hit 4way knob to rht then up/down to choose.
shutter FX same
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2002, 9:05 AM   #5
NHL

Steve Z

You should also turn the LCD off, and use the auto EVF on @ eye level. It help the battery a lot as well.

Also the instant playback is cool, but turning it off saves the battery and also speeds up the camera...You can always recall the last pictures with the Quickview button an this feature is much more flexible also...
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote