Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Oct 28, 2002, 1:53 PM   #1

Default Photoshop Elements 2.0

Is there a way to leave Elements 'on' when removing the microdrive from reader? It's a pain to exit Elements to run and shoot more photos. Also suddenly getting a 'No disk' error from Elements. "Please insert a disk into drive\Device\
Harddisk0\DR0" (?) I can kill the message but it comes back every now and then.
cald is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 28, 2002, 4:19 PM   #2

:?: Open a pic on a different drive?
( I guess that it will set the default drive to the new one and stop checking at the reader)
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2002, 8:04 PM   #3

Thanks! I'll give it a try.
Old Oct 30, 2002, 9:22 AM   #4

Default "No disk' (?) problem in Elements 2.0

That "There is no disk in the drive...etc." In Elements 2.0 Didn't reappear after the computer was shut off overnight and booted next day.
Old Oct 30, 2002, 4:51 PM   #5

Yes, I think elements, like so many other programs now, 'remembers' the last drive accessed. If it is a removable device like a CD or a memory card, then it generates the error message if the removable media is not present.

Personally I think this is dumb programming. Of course, it might also be a stupid windows trick!

Selecting a location on your hard drive before exiting usually solves the problem. Too bad we have to do an extra step because of someone's idea of convenience.

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2002, 5:42 PM   #6

Default Photoshop Elements 2.0 the culprit

Dimage Viewer didn't affect removing the CF card like Elements did. Had to shut it down. l like Elements, though, and am learining it along with my Di7
Old Oct 31, 2002, 5:50 PM   #7

Another thing to check, see if somewhere in the preferences or options for elements, you can turn off the 'remember last location'.

I don't use elements, but some programs allow you to tell it what to do in this regard. The option might also be 'start from a specific location', where you tell it what directory to start from.

But this will not help if you remove the cf card while you are logged onto it. There the only option would be to click on another location.

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2002, 6:14 PM   #8

Default Elements 2.0 'Purge Cache'

'Purge cache' clears the thumbnails at least. There's got to be some way of keeping Elements up while allowing the CF card to safely be removed from the Zio USB reader. So far only Exiting it works.