Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Dec 19, 2004, 6:42 PM   #1

Z3 still getting system error can't connect the darn thing by USB. I have a card reader but it is a pain to swap it out all the time even just for 1 or 2 pix.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Is KM aware of this very common problem? Do they indend to fix it, or to heck with their customers?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I've yet to hear of a fix.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Any suggestions?
DanielT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 19, 2004, 8:47 PM   #2

Via USB cable connected to the camera, have you tried downloading photos recorded after formating the memory card using the camera's format command? I experienced that system-error message and camera shutdownwith new SanDisk Ultra II 256MB SD memory cards.But the downloading problem did not reoccurin my situation (version 1.01 firmware and Windows XP w/SP2) after formating the cardswith the camera's format command.
valsaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2004, 9:08 PM   #3

I will try this. However, how often will I have to format the card?

Also, is it safe to delete the files from the card from Windows Explorer when I move the files over?

Last issue, and this is partly a warning to anyone else who gets the System Error - DON'T change into any of the film modes (as opposed to play mode) once this error has occured until you shut off the camera. Switching into either LCD or VF filming mode normally would extend the lens but this error causes some kind of glitch - the motor starts whirring but the lens won't extend. I suspect it is causing some bad strain. Therefore after the system error, always power off before changing to filming mode.
DanielT2 is offline   Reply With Quote