Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Dec 19, 2004, 9:09 PM   #1

The new A200 received favourable reviews on megapixel.net and justrecently also on steves-digicams.com.
I am still not sure whether I should trade in the far superior viewfinder of the A2 for the new features of the A200 and its swivel-monitor. I prefer shooting by use of the viewfinder!
Will I miss out on much by sticking to the A2 or should I get over my viewfinder mania and go for the other improvements of the A200?
:? Help ! Thanks a lot !

Axxfischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2004, 1:26 PM   #2

I've not looked through the viewfinder of an A2 so I can't comment onit's EVF but the A200 has (from memory) 235,000 pixels which is consistent with most other manufacturers; having used the A200 to take few shots at my dealers, I found it perfectly OK to use BUT did not try manual focus which I'm assured is much better on the A2.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2005, 9:30 PM   #3

I haven't used the A200, but I think that the EVF on the DiMAGE 7hi is similar as far as quality (roughly the same number or pixels). I have used the A2 a fair bit, and the EVF is stunning (as compared to almost all other EVF cameras on the market). I do not think that it is worth "trading up" to the A200 from the A2. The A200 has no "must have" features (to me) that the A2 lacks. The A200 doesn't tilt the EVF, in exchange for a swivelling LCD. The A200 has a little better movie mode. . .but who really needs movies if your a still photographer?
Hope that helps a little bit. . .:-)
Max
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 1:51 AM   #4

Catbells wrote:
Quote:
I've not looked through the viewfinder of an A2 so I can't comment on it's EVF but the A200 has (from memory) 235,000 pixels which is consistent with most other manufacturers; having used the A200 to take few shots at my dealers, I found it perfectly OK to use BUT did not try manual focus which I'm assured is much better on the A2.
If the A200 has 235,000 pixels, and the A2 has (I am pretty sure) 922,000 pixels. . .Then I think that answers itself :G
Hope that helps,
Max

P.S. the density of the pixels doesn't seem much greater on the A2, but it (appears to me, when looking through the EVF) has a MUCH larger image that you are looking at (as compared to my 7hi, which has 235,000 (I think)). No more "looking down a tunnel"
If that makes any sense. . .hahaha:?
Max
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote